Chapter XXVIII: The Pain and the Sass Part 1

I got my feet propped up on a stool, my eyes tracing the scenery before me. La Fuego was a beautiful place to spend time in with its lush beautifully landscaped foliage. What it was known for, however, was the sunsets that reflected off the sea as fiery embers. It was a breathtaking sight to behold.

They came for me two glasses of wine later just as when the sun was setting, and amidst the echoing happy squeals of the kid jumping about the shallow part of the waters. The hurried shuffling of their feet reached my ears. It was my cue to turn on the GPS and the earpiece.

I checked myself on a nearby mirror, making sure that my make-up would hide the similarities with my Reaper persona. Quin had put enough eye shadow for sure.

I downed the remaining wine in the glass with one big gulp, silently deliberating how much fighting I needed to do to make it convincing. Not much, probably.

A few seconds later, they reached my villa, swarming like flies.

Gosh, just how many men does it take to kidnap a wee little girl?

Migi was the first to approach me with hurried footsteps, a handkerchief in hand which was most likely drenched in chloroform. I feigned shock and gasped. I hoped they were not too sharp to notice that I hadn't left my seat to run away like a normal kidnapee.

I, however, smashed the wine bottle on Migi's forehead, making sure the handkerchief was drenched in wine. I could not afford to lose consciousness.

Migi muttered a curse and fell on the floor, clutching his bleeding head.

Ooooops.

Seeing his fallen comrade and the useless handkerchief, Nas thundered towards me, grabbed my arm and twisted it behind my back in one painful tug. I curbed my instinct to fight him.

Down, Rei, down. You're a good kidnapee.

Nas twisted my arm harder, forcing me to my knees. The painful tugging threatening to dislocate my shoulder. I swallowed a cry which formed at the back of my throat.

"You are coming with us, Miss. Do as we say and you won't get hurt," Nas said.

Ah, Nas, always the gentleman.

"What do you want with me?! Let me go!" Yada yada.

"Shut up! Keep your mouth shut!" Migi, who had already recovered and was seething at my offense shouted at me.

"Migi, dude, keep your voice down. You will alert the guards," Rufo chimed in.

No, they won't. We took care of that.

"Come to think of it, I didn't notice any guards," Matt remarked.

"Just our luck. They must be on patrol. There weren't many guests anyway," Collins butted in.

Of course, they are not here. We do not want any media coverage on this.

Nas, quite roughly, if you ask me, tied my hands behind my back. He hoisted me up and pushed me to walk outside the villa. Something pointed touched my side.

"If you make any sound, I will gut you," Nas threatened.

I made a strangled cry, which was equal parts annoyance and impatience in reality, but which I hoped sounded like a call of a damsel in distress in their ears. They gathered around me, hiding me from the onlookers' view. When we finally reached the van which they would use to transport me, someone shoved me unceremoniously inside. Gab was on the driver's seat. Our eyes met very briefly before I purposely averted my gaze from him. Out of everyone here, he was the most familiar with my features, and he might see through my disguise.