Steal a soul

'Steal a soul for a second chance.', said the shadow to the foolish boy that was grown to be a man. 'This is a gift from an angel, so judge me nice.' The shadow formed its mouth to a genuine but disturbing smile. It was indeed a gift from a supernatural force, but was this young lad too blinded by his desire to live for he did ignore the fact of the power to decide who's life to take in trade for his blessing, completely.
'Are you sure sir? Any soul?!' The shadow just nodded, watching the young man to read if he was really this interesting and open to such power or if he was just as stupid as all the other humans that creature was to encounter throughout its existence.
'How many second chances are there?', questioned the male after a moment of silence. 'Only one, human. The chance after this would be called a third chance. For your next question, you have as many chances as long as I appear the moment you die to offer you again to trade a soul from someone for your own selfish desires.' The shadow seemed rather bored with the male and his interest in giving him more than one offer vanished sooner than the human would have loved to know.
'This child there!' The sudden noise drew back the attention of the shadow to the human and he followed his finger to lay eyes on a female child. She was still in the state of sweet innocence before her body was to become the one of a woman.
'Why her?', asked the shadow with slight curiousity cracking through his rough smoky voice.
'Why not her?', asked the young man in a twisted serious manner.
The shadow grinned like a possessed image of pure terror and insanity.
'May it be her', was the last the lad heared from the shadow before he awoke in the comfort of his bed. He was very much alive and as soon as his memory caught up to him his lips twitched in joy.
As long as the shadow was interested in him who traded the innocence of a girl for his own personal gain, he was sure to have more than one chance to live his life to the fullest. With no regret he became a split part of the sin of greed, to haunt down every existence until they reach their despair and decline the offer of the shadow.
'Until we meet again'