Reassurance

"You're My Love, My Light and My Queen"

Mary couldn't attend any function within the castle, not even have the daily royal breakfast. She was feeling awful for the past one week. She couldn't do literally anything positive in a day - she just lie down on the bed in their bed chamber. She couldn't even walk smoothly to the pot chamber that just nearby their room. But she had the urge to empty her bladder, she couldn't hold longer as before.

She didn't know when Francis left their room that morning. All she knew, Francis said something and kissed her forehead before he disappeared, everyday. That was his routine. She pitied her husband. He was very patient with her. She didn't want even his cuddle or hug, for a couple of nights. She felt sick and miserable. All she knew was threw up couple of times. Eat as tiny as a bird.  And felt easy nauseated by any smell, food, the pot chamber or even Francis.

She felt her eyes was heavier than before. She was going to another sleep, she thought. But she needed to fight it. She felt she shouldn't be like this any longer. She wanted to be near Francis. Suddenly she felt she needed to get up, cleaned herself and dressed up as usual.

She lied on her sideways and suddenly heard her stomach rumblings. Oh... I'm hungry again. But she felt she didn't want to eat. Thinking of food just stimulated nausea. But she realized, she must eat for the growing baby. She saw a tray of breakfast on the corner of the room.

She sat at the edge of their bed, and without calling the servant, she tried to stand up. The marble was cold. She felt weakness on both of her feet and quickly clutched the rail of the bed. She felt her head suddenly spinning  and couldn't stand any longer. She fell on the floor as she heard someone came to the room -

"Mary!" Francis shouted. He quickly ran towards her and sat next to her.

"Are you alright?" He was very alarmed with his wife condition. He shouldn't left her alone without any attendance.

"I'm fine. I just a bit dizzy. I'm not hurt. I hope he's alright," She said hesitantly. She was a bit worried of the baby's life clutching within her.  She gently massage her small belly, nothing very obvious yet but she hoped the baby was doing well. Francis put his hand, pressed her hand gently. He nodded and smiled reassuringly at her.

"You need to eat, my love, and I will arrange the royal physician to have a look at you. You need to be strong."

Francis kissed her forehead lightly. And Mary smiled despite of her anxiety. Francis smiled in return with relief. She loved him, loved everything about him and she loved him more that he eventually gave a precious life within her. She knew she needed to be strong for him. Yes, she always thought this baby would be a boy. And she wanted to call him, James, after her late father.

To be continued.