Summer

"The movement of life inside you...
There is no better feeling."

Mary went to visit the rose garden with Francis as usual routine in the morning. She was allowed by the royal physician and then eventually by Catherine, to attend royal engagement - royal breakfast and dinner, session in throne rooms and a walk in the garden, as long as she didn't encounter any trouble. She was very happy since visiting the glasshouse with Francis. She felt more and more energetic after a few days outside the castle. Summer season hasn't left her yet.

She was wearing a blue gown of her favorite - sparing her growing rounded belly. She couldn't hide it anymore from anyone. The servants, some of them, gave her compliments that she looked glowing and beautiful in her pregnancy. Francis said repeatedly the same thing too - he even said Mary looked so irresistible. But under strict order by Catherine, no intimacy was allowed.

They walked hand in hand in the glasshouse, enjoying their view of beautiful garden with all sorts of colorful petals, green leaves and chirping of birds. It wasn't warm yet because it was still early in the morning. But soon she wouldn't be able to stand with the heat of afternoon sun.

"Are you okay?" Francis patted her arm. He noticed she was breathed deeper and her pace was rather slow after a few minutes walk within the garden. She smiled to him.

"Soon, Francis, I couldn't walk as usual and I won't able to catch up with you... with this baby inside me growing very fast," she rubbed the side of her belly as she felt one vigorous kick. She smiled nervously at him. The pregnancy wouldn't wait for her to catch up with everything she liked.

"Don't worry darling... I will wait and walk by your side, even a tiny little step, " Francis touched her belly, rubbed it gently and kissed her temple. The baby gave another kick. Both of them were laughing.

They continued walking within the center of the huge glasshouse - all kinds of roses planted by the royal gardener. The colors of roses was totally magnificent and the air was filled with roses. Mary couldn't walk very much longer as she started to feel cramps over her legs. Francis noticed it too.

"Come darling, sit first. We should call the servants -" She immediately sat on the chair nearby a pink rose bush. And gave a long sigh and a broad smile.

"No need Francis. Just a bit of rest. I'll be better," Mary felt so much relief.

"Do you still want to walk or I'll ask the servant to bring the food and drinks to you right now?"

"Oh Francis darling, please don't pamper me too much," Mary smiled again. She added, "I need this, walking every day, not just eating - well, I admit I love it too. The royal physician approved that I can walk. According to him, walking will ease my childbirth. Soon."

She felt a bit nervous when she started to think of childbirth. She heard so many stories about childbirth from the nuns when she was raised years in a French convent. Some of the mother survived and some couldn't see their babies. Death was a common thing in childbirth. It made her shuddered when thinking about it. She did not want to discuss about her fear with Francis yet.

"Are you alright darling?... Shall we go back to the castle?" Francis noticed she was suddenly became quiet and quite worried.

"I'm alright my love... Hrmm, so many lovely roses here. Can you ask the servants to pick up these roses and arrange one for me? I'd like a bouquet of roses in our bed chamber," Mary quickly changed the mood. She didn't want Francis to be worried.

Francis smiled. He said yes and immediately instructed the nearby gardener to make the arrangement. Mary was already on her feet. The fatigue that she had before was lessened after a quick rest. She knew she has to get used to this pregnancy that pretty soon will be over.

"Francis, shall we go to see the boats?" the shore was another part at the end of the vast garden in the French Court.

"That's a bit far but are you sure you can walk much longer?"

"Yes. I can. Shall we?"

"Just let me know if you can't walk any longer. I can carry you back to the castle," Mary laughed. She didn't think he was that serious. She just  held Francis' arm and walked slowly together side by side till they reached the shore.

To be continued.