Baby Shower

"A mother's joy begins when new life is stirring inside... when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone."

So many nobles and royal family members attended the feast held within the French Court. Since Francis coronation, this was the first time they held a feast which included royal announcement of Mary's pregnancy.

The air in the courtyard and within the castle was cheerful - tents were erected in colours and full of decorations. All the roses in the royal garden and some from nearby rose farm was arranged and made into numerous of bouquets.

Mary and Francis was entertaining the guests from morning till the grand dinner with all the guests. It was a huge event and lots of food was prepared by the royal kitchen. They even laid out a special table with lots of deserts that Mary couldn't name all of them and even couldn't recognize some special deserts requested by Catherine. It was so tempting for Mary but she could not even sit properly while entertaining the guests. She had a small meal with Francis in royal breakfast and a grand buffet lunch in the courtyard with the rest of the guests. The meal was delicious and she felt very satisfied.

Francis noted the schedule for the grand Baby Shower was very tight for Mary who needed more rest in the few final months before the childbirth. He tried to help ease her burden but not much he can do. He kept checking in Mary but she said she was alright. The guest kept pouring into the castle with many presents and gifts for the coming royal baby. They even get a cute foal that has thick fur with peaches and cream color, brought from Romania.

The event ended with a grand dinner with more than seven courses of meal, not to mention the appetizers and deserts, all in delicate and luxurious ways. Francis believed his mother just wanted to show her grandiose side to the invited guests and fattening Mary at the same time. He was glad Mary wasn't arguing and enjoying herself with the food. By end of the day, Francis guessed, his wife would become a plough horse.

Mary was so fatigue that she could not stand any longer. The baby kicked as usual but later on more vigorous when she had the dinner. All her limbs felt sore. She noticed she sometimes had occasional cramp on the belly but it was not frequent and no pain. The Royal Physician already warned her she would feel it from time to time till the baby born. It was a normal change as a preparation of her body for childbirth. She shuddered at the thought but she was trying to admit the fact slowly.

The event was almost over. But she couldn't hold on anymore and very much needed her rest. She excused herself and retired to the bed chamber before the coffee and last dessert served. Francis noticed it. But he couldn't leave the guests yet.

Mary lied down on her bed after the servants helped her removed her red gown, jewelry and ornaments. They were also help her to remove the braids and tangles in her hair. She was only clad on her silk nightgown which showed her rounded belly prominently. The baby was still kicking occasionally, forbidden her into her deep sleep. She would talk softly and stroke her belly gently in round motion or pat a few times at the bottom to calm her down. And surprisingly the baby responded. She smiled. She felt she couldn't wait to see her. Or him.

She was almost drifted into her sleep when she noticed Francis just entered the room. He already changed to his night shirt when she tried to look at him in the dim light. The chamber was only lit by the fireplace. It was probably past midnight.

"How are you my love?" Francis whispered to her. He was already on the bed next to her.

"I'm alright. The baby says she's alright. She misses you," Mary smiled. Francis stroked her belly gently and felt a kick from the baby. He quickly kissed the top of her belly.

"I was a bit concerned when you left dinner earlier." Francis held her hand and kissed her palm.

"Oh darling, I was so tired, sleepy and my body feels sore. Cramps everywhere. I did not want to disturb you with the guests. But now I feel better when you're here. I miss you too," Mary explained, smilingly.

Mary moved closer to him. Her face was only an inch from his nose. He could smell her rose perfume. It was so sensuous that he felt immediately aroused. He tried to restraint himself. Without hesitation, Mary planted a kiss on his lip. It was immediately deepened till Francis broke it off, catching his breath.

"Mary... What are you doing?... We are supposed not to-"

"Shhh," Mary put her finger on his lips, stopping him from saying anything. She added, "we already spend our time for others, for the guests... Now it is a time for you and me,"

"But it's not safe yet... For intimacy," Francis was a bit concerned, he wanted it too, but he afraid he might harm both of them. Mary smiled. She understood his concern after the incident that shook him. She took his hand and placed it on her belly. The baby kicked, happily, Francis thought.

"The baby is alright. I'm in my best shape in my pregnancy. There is nothing to worry about. And I personally ask the Royal Physician about... Intimacy. And he said there is no harm to the baby. Or me. You don't have to worry, darling. And I... I need it... So much," Mary said softly to his ears while stroking his beard gently, gave him immediate tingling sensation.

"Are you sure you want this, my love?" Francis looked deep in her eyes. He only could see her yearning. Her desire and love. It has been months. And he know how much they were craving for it.

"Yes, darling. I need this..... Please don't be hesitated. Please."

To be continued.