Patience

"This baby is for you, your realm"

Francis woke up from his dreams. Cold sweat on her forehead and his blue eyes wide opened. He sighed. He just back to his reality. It just a bad dream. The previous incident haunted him. He was so afraid. He did not dare to talk to anyone, even Mary.

He fell asleep on the divan in their bed chamber after he did numerous paper work left by the ministers. For the past two week, he was busy that kept him apart from Mary. He missed her accompany very much but she was, at the moment, cared under strict orders by his mother.

He saw Mary from where he was sitting - she was sleeping on the bed comfortably. Francis felt so much relieved. She was still here. And he always hope, in his prayers, the baby was still with them. There was not much things reassured him but since two weeks ago, she hasn't bled anymore. No symptoms was a blessing.

He walked towards the corner of the bed chamber after stretched a bit. Dawn can be seen from the big window. From a distance, he guessed that the day will be another sunny day. Staying in the bed or in the chamber would be a torturing for Mary. He knew she was wild at heart, adventurous and full of spirit. This pregnancy had slowed her down to the most in this summer. He pitied her. He wished to bring her out. He must asked his mother. Her advice.

"Francis?"

He turned to face Mary who just woke up. The morning sun ray fell on her beautiful face. She looked glowing, still sleepy. She smiled at him. He immediately smiled back at her. It melt his heart.

"Morning My Love," Francis walked towards her.

"I've been missing you lately, my beloved husband. Where have you been?"

"There are couple of things in the administration that I need to see. Thus it takes lot of my time, away from you. I'm sorry My Love," Francis averted his eyes from Mary. He felt guilty in every way - caused harm to her pregnancy, leaving her alone with his mother and somehow he felt intimacy already slipped away between them.

"Francis... There's nothing to forgive. You didn't do any mistake. It happened and it's over," Mary touched his cheek, caressed it gently. She missed her husband lately but she knew she would be alright. Francis looked into her eyes. All he can see a genuine affection from his dear wife. He immediately kissed her forehead gently. Her words were reassuring.

"Francis... Give me your hand," Mary asked. He was a bit puzzled but he let her hold his hand. Mary removed the duvet covering her body and placed his hand on her belly that already appeared obviously swollen a bit below her belly button. Her hand pressed on his, gently enough.

"What is this all about?" Francis asked. Still puzzled. He was afraid he might hurt her again.

"Shhh... Wait," Mary was still holding his hand, pressed it a bit. She was almost giggled at Francis' confusion.

Suddenly a minute later, he felt something pushing his palm, like a little canary, flipped his wings for the first time and Francis immediately looked surprised.

"It's.... Kicking!" Francis shouted happily. Mary nodded and laughed.

"Yes, Francis. I felt it a few days back but I didn't have the chance to share with you," Mary was glad, the little bundle helped to bring back Francis' joy.

"Oh I love you Mary," He kissed Mary on her lips, long enough that he missed it so much. He moved a bit lower and then he kissed her belly gently. Everything is returning to be alright. In his heart, he couldn't wait to meet him or her, their precious baby.

To be continued.