Drama Class

After Choir and lunch I had AP US history and Drama. US history was boring, well the people in there are but the teacher, to get a point across, threw a chair. That's fun I guess. Things didn't get real interesting until 5th period drama class.

I sat down at a random desk, scribbling on my hand. I didn't look up until someone hit my desk.

"Hey Y/N" Connor sat down in the desk next to me mumbling.

"Y-you're in this class?" I chuckled

"Didn't want to, but they put me here" he said with a smooth tone.

I examined him, his eyes were terribly bloodshot, he was calm, chill, mellow even, and he sme- he smelled like weed.

"Connor Murphy! Are you-" I whispered

"High as a kite? Yep" he smiled. I sighed, I don't really need a druggy friend, but he's all I've got right now so I'll give him a second chance.

"Do you have a problem with it?"

"Well I don't personally... it just... drugs cause bad things to happen..." I got tense and upset thinking about the incident. My eyes got teary.

"Well... hey, I'll try not to be high around you, ok?" He gently put his hand on my shoulder and I wiped my eyes with my sleeve. I nodded and he smirked a bit.

"Thanks" I whispered. Class began and the teacher started to talk about herself, her family, you know, usual first day introduction stuff. She then explained to kick of our theater studies, we would do a partner project on a famous play. Including acting out a scene from said play. Fortunately, we could pick our partners.

"Ok, everyone can discuss what play they will do and then clear it by me," she announced and sat at her desk.

"Ok, so are we going to do something classic, like a Shakespeare play or something new?" I asked eagerly.

"You pick, this is your kind of thing" he smiled. Ok, fine. We're doing Six Kids Two Boddies, a personal favorite. I walked up to my teacher and told her about our play, to which she responded with laughter and delight so that's good.

"Ok, we're doing Six Kids Two Bodies, it's a fun but tragic tale" I told Connor as I sat back down.

"Nice. I haven't heard of that one in awhile."

"You've heard of it?" My jaw dropped.

"Yeah, my sister Zoe was in a production of it in middle school. She played the ghost of Lu I think"

"I played Kate in a production once!" I squealed slightly. He laughed.

"Nice, you don't seem like the murdering type though"

"Well I'm not, Kate is" I smiled. "Anyways do you want to meet up after school and work on this?"

"Yeah I guess so, I'll give you my address and phone number. Let's meet up around 4:30 ish?"

"Sounds good to me" I smiled and ruffled his hair. We spent the rest of class talking about random things like movies, music, my weird art habits...

"Hand doodler huh? That surprises me," Connor chuckled.

"Hand scribbler, It's not good enough to be a doodle" I laughed displaying the huge eye that covered my palm.

"That's kinda creepy, but also kinda awesome so... good on ya I guess," I smiled.

"Aww, you always know just what to say,"

"I know, I know, I'm wonderful. I'm a fucking delight" We died laughing. He's honestly a great person. I can't possibly understand why he's such a "freak" to other people. He made me feel happy here. I had a weird cold but warm feeling in my chest when I realized I hadn't been this happy since before the incident last year. It was refreshing.