Not Homecoming! PT. 1

Connor's POV

September 21, a day I did not know would change, well, possibly everything. That may be dramatic I dunno, but it was not-homecoming day! I was actually excited about homecoming for once. Me and Y/N have been planning what to do for a month and eventually we both agreed she absolutely sucks at planning, so I created our itinerary. Oo, itinerary that's a big word for me. That caused me to laugh out loud which led to Zoe shooting me a judgemental glare.

"So you actually are crazy. Not surprised," she sighed and texted her date. She refused to tell me who it was, but then demanded me drop her off at school.

"Just remembered something funny, that's all," I growled and pulled up to the school.

"Bye, loser" I sigh as she exits the car, "but for real Zoe, have fun" I gave her a half smile and drove off before she could say anything.

It took maybe ten minutes to get to Y/N's house, and knocked on her front door with a warm croissant I picked up from a bakery on the way there. You see, when we were discussing plans over text I accidentally said "I'm glad I don't have to waste money on a croissant lol" when I failed to type corsage, so I decided this would be funny.

"Hello there, you must be Connor," a man I'm assuming is her father greeted me at the door. Yikes.

"Yep, and you're-"

"Y/N's father? Yes. Come in, I want to talk to you," oh no. Oh no no no.

"Ok," I faked a smile and followed him in.

"So, I just wanted say one thing and you'd better listen to me kid,"

"Let me guess, you're assuming this is a date and you want me to not break you're daughter's heart and have her home by 10?"

"Nope," Smooth Connor, "You've helped Y/N so much already. She's been miserable since last year, and I saw her smile a real smile for the first time in a year the other day when she was telling me about you. I wanted to say thank you, Connor." Oh shit.

"It's my pleasure sir,"

"Please, call me Daniel" he laughed "oh she does have a curfew, though I've extended it a bit since she was genuinely happy about this. Have her back between 11:30 and 12:00 ok?" I nodded and he shook my hand. That's when we noticed Y/N walk downstairs. She wore a f/c casual dress that seemed to make her feel confident.

"Dad! What are you doing to the poor boy's brain!" She laughed and ruffled my hair, making me and her dad laugh.

"Oh nothing, just getting to know him," he smiled "Have fun you two, keep me updated Y/N!" He calls out as we walk out the door and get into my truck.

"So what're we gonna do!" She punched my arm repeatedly.

"First, dinner. I'll tell you where our next stop is at the restaurant," she started to speak, but I cut her off "Before you ask, I'm paying for everything. Oh and your croissant!" I gave her the box that had the bread and she died of laughter.

"Is this because of that one thing you texted the other day?"

"Yep," I popped the p and laughed as I pulled into the parking lot of Olive Garden.

"Olive Garden? Nice," she chuckled and hopped out of the car. I smiled and held the front door open for her, she rolled her eyes, "What's with all the manners Murphy?"

"I'm being a gentleman" I used a fake snobby voice and Y/N laughed so hard she snorted.

"Oh my goodness Connor!" Our entire meal was just us laughing for an hour. First she put an entire breadstick down her throat, which led to me trying this and falling miserably. We started to cry from laughing pretty quickly.

"I'm actually sobbing!" I laughed and wiped my eyes.

"Me too!" After a while we finally calmed down. She ate her fettuccine and I ate mine. I wasn't planning on ordering the same thing as her but we were so distracted that I panicked. It was delicious though, so I didn't mind.

"So... what's the next stop on our night of fun?" She smiled and scooped more pasta into her mouth.

"We are getting dessert at Al á Mode!" She looks at me, confusion beaming off her face, "It's an ice cream place."

"Oh! Ok I get it," she laughed "I'm just stupid."

"No you're not! Don't talk about yourself like that!"

"Geez, sorry," after that she got quiet until the waitress brought us the bill and some Andes Mints. She made a comment about how much loved them.

"No you don't understand Murphy! These give me life!"

"They're ok I guess..."

"Ok? No no no, delicious is the word you were looking for" She laughed as we got up and I rolled my eyes.

"Sure," we walked out of the restaurant and started driving towards Al a Mode. When we got there I got Red Velvet ice cream and she got (favorite flavor). We ate outside and talked. Enjoying the sun that was beginning to set.