7

I threw my head back clutching my sides which ached from laughing too hard.

Johnny sat besides asher the two of them 'acting out a romantic scene' asher had leaned in for the kiss only for 'jenny aka johnny' to slap him across the face.....hard.

"And scene" johnny announced,

Asher clutched his cheek "ow you didn't actually have to hit me!" He whined his brows furrowed he met my gaze, as I recovered from my laughing fit, his eyes softened and a smile crept to his lips.

"We made her cry, we actually managed to make thee annie leblanc cry" asher pointed out johnny's attention turning to me, i indeed did have tears in my eyes not because their acting touched my heart and tugged at it but because the two boys looked like absolute fools while acting.

"That was hilarious" i let out a chuckle "especially when 'jenny' admitted that she was actually a alien it truly hit me" i over- exaggerated wiping fake tears from my eyes and clapping.

"We deserve an award"
Johnny added

Asher nodded turning to his friend nodding in agreement

I watched them bicker back and forth of who would keep said award which wasn't even real.

My ears tuned out their voice as I stared at him,

Noticing the ways his hair stuck up in certain areas and how he would run a hand through it to tame it but just making it worse and how whenever johnny said something he disagreed with his nose would slightly scrunch and he'd shake his head.

"It's getting late we should probably get home" johnny said but all i heard was the word home.

Both my parents would be home by now,

my mom would be exhausted from working all day but would still put up a fight when my father would call her out on things causing her to stoop right down to his level and argue back, their shouts hitting the walls and each time keeping me awake.

Its been like this for awhile at first it was just sadness when we lost
him

but then my dad started to drink and my mom couldn't stand to see him drink himself to death so she'd work- no she'd over work.

Soon it got to the point that i'd never see my parents have a real conversation with eachother because they were either

A:avoiding eachother or

B:arguing yet somehow i was always brought in to it.

My mother would shout about anything, throwing anything around no matter how much it would hurt and my dad would do exactly the same

Some of the things they had said were about me and i'd never forget them.

'I can't look at her billy! I only see him'

'We don't even know our own daughter for fucks sake katie she could be out sleeping around or taking drugs and you wouldn't even notice!'

'Shes out of control how dare she think she can throw all my alcohol away and get away with it how dare she!'

'That girl up there she was a mistake, so was he we should've never had fucking kids'

'i cant stand to look at her! All i see is him our boy, our baby boy god they took the wrong child'

And those words always had me thinking maybe they did, maybe they did take the wrong child.

The wrong twin.

A hand landed on top of mine stopping me from scratching at my arm.

"You still there shortcake?"

His voice was comforting i looked up meeting his eyes, johnny wasn't in the room anymore but i could hear the sound of his car.

I nodded slowly accepting ashers hand and standing up.

"I wonder where you go sometimes" He questions rhetorically but with slight truth to his questions.

Oh asher you don't want to know

{Hayley is not apart of this book its weird not having her in it but for the sake of the story annie only had one sibling caleb, who was actually her twin in this also just to clarify no hate to billy or katie i love them and think they're amazing! }
{edited}