8

I clutched my backpack tight on my shoulders walking down the hallway of my school my back slouched and eyes heavy.

One of my brothers larger hoodies swamping me with some nike sweat pants on.

I looked like crap because
Last night was just as I thought,

bad

johnny dropped me off in his car and asher walked me to the door

Of course interrogating me asking if i was okay before giving me a tight hug and leaving.

I walked in to my house a smile on my face but only for it to drop when i took in the sight in front of me.

My mom was crying between her shouts picking up a vase and throwing it towards my dad missing only by a bit.

My dad had left slamming the door on his way out and heading back to the bar.

"Sorry julianna" my mom mumbled before trudging up the stairs the door to her bedroom closing with a bang.

I was left to clean everything up as always,

i had rushed to pick up the shards of glass so i could finish my assignment which was due today.

A sharp pain shocking through my hand as i dropped the shard blood dripping from my hand.

I had shrieked in pain clutching my hand to stop the flow it soon stopped and i bandaged it up as well as i could.

I made it to class just on time taking my seat in the back.

It got around time to hand in the assignment worry bubbling up in me as the teacher mrs Stanford reared closer to me.

I tapped my fingers against the desk anxiously,

"Psst leblanc" i diverted my attention towards noah who handed me a note.

I opened to see writing sprawled on the paper

'Its okay shortcake i got you x'

I looked towards asher raising a eyebrow he winked at me making my stomach do flips.

"Julianna?"

I looked to see mrs stanford standing over me,

her thick rimmed glasses perched on her face and a high tight bun on top of her head.

I swallowed opening my mouth to speak.

"We did it together"

Asher pulled up the empty seat besides me slinging a arm over my shoulder.

"It wasn't a paired projected" she said harshly i gulped,

If i failed, if i even got one bad grade and my parents found out i'd be screwed.

"She couldn't write, her hand is injured...... Margaret"

his tone mocked her as he used her first name taking my bandaged hand gently and showing it to her.

She scowled before sighing

"Fine, but next time you tell me before hand julianna" she said sternly

I nodded fast in reply while asher dug into his bag pulling out 5 sheets of paper and handing it to her.

Once she was out of sight my shoulders relaxed under ashers arm.

"Thank you"

I mumbled softly turning to face him

He still had my bad hand in his,

his thumb gently rubbing the back of it

"Anytime, what happened?" He asked concerned laced in his words.

My eyes diverted to my hand in his

"I-i cut it broke a glass and cut it on the glass. Bits. Pieces. Shards you know those" i lied mentally slapping myself for lying so terribly.

He cocked a eyebrow a frown on his face.

"Im fine asher just a little cut"

I looked back into his eyes trying my best to reassure him,

He wasn't buying it i could tell but he didn't pressure me into telling him

That contagious smile of his returning

"Did you see her face when i called her Margaret?" He chuckled

I smiled and nodded

replying with a chuckle

"Priceless"

{im going to be also posting this on my Instagram  @/leblancsiicons
If anyone would prefer to read it there you can}