Chapter One ➳ The Mysterious Woman

Shaurya

The club lights flashed repeatedly as the ground shook with pulsating music. People dance joyously to the electric pop song playing as the walls vibrate intensely. I take a long sip from my drink, curiously studying the dance floor.

"Looking for your next meal?" I hear a devious snicker behind me. Rolling my eyes, I turn my head towards my best friend Nathan as he wriggles his eyebrows at me.

"Something like that," I cooly replied. "Ah," Nathan speaks out. "What is it going to be? A brunette? Blonde?" He whispers into my ear. "Or a new flavor?"

"Dude," I laugh. "You need to chill."

Nathan shakes his head, chuckling to himself as he spins the straw in his drink. "C'mon, Shaurya. Don't be such a wuss." His cool blue eyes look at me playfully as he punches my shoulder. "Keep looking for your meal while I go look for mine," Nathan winks at me and disappears into the dancing crowd.

Sighing exasperatedly, I take another long sip from my drink, squinting my eyes and groaning at the strong taste. I recently broke up with my long term girlfriend Lexie, and now I guess it is safe to say that I need a rebound. But no, Shaurya... not a rebound...

Now I want a challenge, someone that keeps me on the tips of my toes and wants me longing for more and more.

Someone that makes me desire more than ever.

I know it sounds crazy, I know it does. But I'm tired of the same old girls that I only date for a couple of weeks. I want someone that is unexpected and has the craziest twists and curves that come along with her.

As I continue to study the dance floor, I see a huge crowd of girls dancing along to the music, squealing with each other as they take tons of pictures and act like basic white girls. I groan to myself. Definitely not my type anymore.

I feel a light tap on my shoulder and I raise my eyebrows willingly. "Hey," I hear a high pitched girly voice and I mentally groan to myself. I know who that voice belongs to...

"Lexie," I take a deep breath, making eye contact to a light blonde haired girl who grins at me. I notice her bold makeup and her wildly curled hair as she pushes her body into my torso. She seems to be wearing a sparkly silver dress that obviously accentuates her curves and her expressive cleavage. I clear my throat. Now is not the time to be distracted, Shaurya. You broke up with her for a reason.

I slowly start to push her away and she scoffs, crossing her arms over her chest. "Someone's a little cranky."

"Lexie, don't start this right now," I hiss. "I clearly broke up with you for a reason, why can't you get it?"

"God, can you just stop being such a buzzkill?" She groans, laughing. She's obviously drunk as hell. "We're at a party right now. Come and dance with me," she giggles, tugging on my arm.

I clench my jaw as I immediately shake my head. "No, Lexie. Don't push me."

She frowns at me, squinting her eyes. "What's wrong with you? A girl's just having fun here."

"Yeah, you obviously had enough of that while we were dating," I spit out. Lexie's pale face turns red as she stutters. "I-I'm sorry, okay! It was a one time thing!"

"A one time thing?" I whisper. "You kissed Brayden three times, Lexie. While we were dating. How could you?"

"I'm..." Lexie trails off, looking at the ground. "I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking."

"Clearly," I hiss. "Now get away from me."

"Shaurya, please!" she begs. "I miss you."

"Well, I don't," I fight back.