Chapter Twenty-Four ➳ Making Decisions

Shaurya

Waking up the next day was very stressful.

Groaning, my eyes open up to a not-so beautiful sunny day, birds chirping annoyingly and Nathan snoring on the floor of my bedroom. Why is he on the floor?

"Nathan?" I moan, sitting up. I get a glimpse of myself in the mirror in front of me and notice how horrible I look. Massive eye bags under my eyes, hair sprawled in different directions... I look disgusting!

Taking a deep breath, I get out of bed and trudge over to the foot of my bed where a very tired Nathan is sprawled across my floor. He seems to be in a deep trance of sleep, his mouth open and slight traces of drool seeping out of his mouth. Scrunching my nose in disgust, I lean to the ground, shaking his shoulder awake. "Hey, dude. Wake up!"

Nathan makes some weird noises out of his mouth— whatever the hell they were.

Groaning, I shake his shoulder even harder. "Nathan, come on!"

Nathan says something along the lines of, "lmm mm aonnnneee."

One thing I've learned living with someone else is that there are gonna be many similarities and differences between you and that person, such as Nathan and I. I put cereal first and then milk, which Nathan does the opposite— and the wrong— way. I brush first and then take a shower while Nathan does the complete opposite— which is utterly disgusting. And I am an early bird no matter what while Nathan is a late sleeper, which is extremely aggravating.

Admitting defeat, I decide that there's only one way to wake up this stone statue.

My legs take me to the kitchen as I get a short glimpse of the time written on the clock. It's 3 o clock in the afternoon... what the hell?! Okay, scratch off everything I said about me being a morning person. What I meant to say is that I wake up immediately while Nathan gives no humane response to anyone while he's been shaken awake.

I fill up my jug with ice cold water as a mischievous sneer grows on my face. He's so gonna hate me after this, but it's completely worth it!

I run over to my room and see that Nathan is still sprawled across the foot of my bed, his limbs placed in very weird directions. A broad grin spreads on my lips as I clutch the jug in my hand and, without any hesitation whatsoever, I tilt the jug, watching the water splatter against Nathan's face graciously. The OCD part of me cringes as I realize I'm gonna have to clean this mess up... but seeing the look on Nathan's face is going to be priceless!

As the water falls against his face in a gracious motion, Nathan suddenly starts to react. His eyes open up as water splashes on his face. "Whh thh fffff, Shhhaaayyaa!"

I burst out laughing as I set the jug aside, crouching to my knees. "Rise and shine, sweetheart!" I make a girly voice as Nathan scrunches his nose in disgust. "Remind me why I'm roommates with you again?"

"Because you wuv me," I make a pouty face as Nathan pushes my face away. "What time is it though?"

"3 o clock in the afternoon," I raise my eyebrows.

"Oh God!" He shoots up from the floor, water still clinging to his shirt and his hair drenched. "It's 3 o clock? I have a date with Emma in thirty minutes!"

"Seriously?" I question.

"Yes!" He exclaims, running to the bathroom. "Oh Jesus— she's actually going to kill me! And I-" his whining gets shut off as he closes the bathroom door behind him, his muffled voice still ringing from the walls. Sighing, I think to myself, damn, what a hectic morning, or shall I say afternoon, it's been so far.