Chapter 42

Hiya!
So I decided to set up a posting schedule. The chapters will be up every Saturday. If there will be any changes I'll let you guys know.

Enjoy<3

***

I stop walking and look at my phone, as it rings again.

Luke.

I should answer, tell him I'm okay. He must be so worried about me. And here I am, with Jack. Luke would lose his shit if he knew. I can't even imagine the shit he'd do to Jack. The last thing I want to do is bring Jack into this. Again. Jack's put up with so much shit already because of me. So maybe I should answer it.

"Emmy! You coming?" Jack calls me, just as I was about to answer. I look at Jack.

"You okay?" He starts walking back towards me, worry on his face.

I exhale, turning off my phone. "I'm coming!" I smile and put it in my pocket. Jack and I should enjoy dinner. With all that he's done for me today - or in general, it's the least I can do.

I catch up with him and he grabs my hand, leading me into the restaurant.

The restaurant is old fashioned, but quite fancy, I must say. There are vinyls hanging on the walls and some black and white pictures of famous singers, like Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson and Tina Turner. The tables are made out of wood with black and white table cloths on them. The seats are made out of wood too, with red cushions. It all looks really aesthetically pleasing.

Jack has a chat with the waiter, who then takes us to our table and leaves the menus.

"So what do you wanna eat?" He asks me.

"Uhh I don't know. You order something," I smile and he nods.

"Now let's find the cheapest dish there is, for Emmy," he says and laughs, letting me know it's a joke and I join him.

The waiter comes back to the table and smiles at me, before taking our order. Jack's hand squeezed mine, when the waiter smiled at me and that's when I realized we're still holding hands, looking like a couple. But the waiter doesn't seem to care, as he's still smiling at me.

So this is awkward.

"Anthony, stop flirting with every girl that exists. Can't you see that she's taken?" A girl walks up to the table. She has brown long hair and brown eyes.

Why do everyone think we're together?

"Oh we aren't-" "I wasn't flirting, Angie," he interrupts me, still smirking. "Plus, they aren't together," he adds and Jack's grip tightens. It feels good though. I feel secure.

"Actually," Jack leans over the table, kissing me slowly and gently, taking me by surprise. I kiss him back and he moves away. "We are," he gives Anthony a cheeky grin, leaving him and me speechless. Angie claps for us.

"You guys are too cute!" She hugs me suddenly, and then moves away, to hug Jack.

So... she's nice.

"And you," she turns to Anthony, "how dare you hit on a taken girl! They're cute too!" She hits him lightly and he laughs, walking away. She apologizes and assures me that the food will arrive soon.

"Well that was..." "...something," Jack continues the sentence. I nod and he releases my hand.

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that," he looks at me apologetically.

I don't even think I'm mad. It's not the first time that we kissed. And I'm not quite sure it's the last time. Not gonna lie, it was good. Like the last time. But this time, Jack can't say I'm using him, because he's the one who kissed me.