Chapter 50

"So what happened with you and Aarya?" Luke and I are watching TV, when he surprises me with the question. It makes my stomach twist.

"Uhh...do you really wanna know?" I ask and he nods, shifting closer to hug me. I rest my head on his chest, feeling his heartbeat.

"Well when I was 16, I haven't quite gotten my driver's licence," I start and he listens to me, intensely. "But me and Aary- her," I gulp, not wanting to say her name, "decided to go on a little drive while my parents weren't home. I was driving and she was on the passenger seat, not wearing a seatbelt like I was. That's what saved me - the seatbelt," I say quietly. "We were driving and I didn't stop at the crossroads...you can picture the rest," I start weeping into his shirt and he pulls me closer.

"Shhh, it's not your fault she didn't wear a seatbelt," he caresses me and I sniff, my nose stuffed.

"What happened...with your friend?" I shift, wiping my tears. His eyes darken in an instant. "He fell from the roof. We were playing on it and he went too close to the edge, making him fall on the head. The death was instant," he says lowly and I nod, kissing his forehead.

"I'm sorry," I whisper and he nods.

"So, to change the subject," I start talking, "when am I meeting your parents?" He sighs, visibly annoyed by my request, but I want to meet them. He met mine!

"If I take you to their house for dinner tonight, will you stop being annoying about it," he looks at me and I nod, like a puppy and he laughs, squeezing me into his chest. I cough and he releases me, seeing I'm about to choke.

"Are you ready?" Luke walks into our bedroom, watching me dress. I decided on wearing a subtle knee-high white dress and some mascara.

"Can you zip me up?" I turn my back towards him and he walks towards me, his breathing getting heavier. He slowly zips me up, his hands travelling down my back, stopping at my butt. Slapping it, he says, "you're all done," I roll my eyes, looking at him and he smirks.

"Do we have to go?" He cries, as I drag him towards his car.

"Yes," I say firmly and he sighs, getting into the driver's seat.

We stop in front of the familiar house - it's where I actually got to know Luke some more. It's where the party was at. The house looks as beautiful as I remember it.

Luke stomps towards the entrance, seeming nervous. Before he rings the doorbell, I grab his shoulder, letting him know I'm here for him. He nods and after a few seconds rings the bell. It doesn't take long, until a young lady opens the door, dressed into a maid's suit.

"Hi," I smile politely and she looks at Luke, then back at me, and then back at Luke, looking surprised.

"Oh. We weren't expecting anyone today," she smiles, fear in her eyes.

"Well you are now," Luke grabs my hand, dragging me inside.

The maid doesn't move or say anything. She just stands there, looking at us leave. I send her an apologetic smile and she returns one back.

"Hi Maria, hi John," he greets his parents, who are in the dining room, waiting for dinner. They shoot their heads up, giving us a surprised look. John starts coughing as he sees Luke.

"Oh...hi Luke," his mom gets up, trying to hug him, but he places his hand between them, stopping her of doing so. She moves on to me and I do hug her, saving her from the embarrassment.

I have a feeling that Luke never told his parents that we're visiting.

"I'm Maria," she says while hugging me.