Chapter 5: A Sense of Loss

Violetta jolted awake as her phone started ringing on the nightstand. When she saw the name of the person that was calling her, she immediately shut her phone off.

Diego...she thought. I don't deserve to be in a relationship with him after what happened yesterday, and yet he's still calling me.

"Violetta, are you alright?" her father asked cautiously poking his head into the room.

"Yeah, dad. I'm fine," she lied while looking down.

"Hmm, you don't look well. Perhaps you're coming down with something," Herman said while gently pressing the back of his hand to his daughter's forehead. "I'll get Olga to bring up you some tea."

After her dad left, Violetta went to the bathroom to see what her dad meant by her "not looking well". Her reflection startled her, when she show how puffy and red her eyes were from crying, how messy her hair looked and how droopy her facial expression was.

Freshening herself up didn't help either. Shortly after she gave up on trying to make herself look better, there was a knock at her bedroom door.

"Come in," she called out.

"Vilu!" Francesca exclaimed, and paused in surprise went she saw her friend's appearance. "Um...wow. You look great today?"

"Gee, thanks. I was going for the 'my perfect life is now falling apart' look," she replied sarcastically.

"Let me guess. You talked to Leon?" Fran questioned.

"Fought with him is more like it," Vilu replied.

"What?! What happened between you two?" her friend screeched.

Violetta gave Fran a rundown of what happened last night, and once she finished she was on the brink of crying again.

"Oh Vilu, I'm so sorry," Francesca said, offering a hug. "What are you going to do now?"

"Nothing, I'm going to stay in this room and not leave," she shrugged, while hugging a pillow. "I also can't break up with Diego just because my ex is back in town, no matter how much I love him."

"Sorry to cut you short, Vilu," Fran interrupted. "But I have to get going. I'll come over tomorrow."

"Oh. Ok. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?" Violetta said, her voice laced with confusion at her friend's sudden departure.

________________________________

As soon as Fran got to the park, she picked up her phone and dialled Maxi's number.

Hey Maxi...Did you talk to Leon?" she spoke into the phone. "Yeah, Vilu is pretty upset...You know what I was thinking? We should convince them both to come for karaoke on the same night, but without knowing that the other is there. Maybe they will make up there?...Perfect. Tell Leon to come tomorrow at 7pm, no excuses, and I'll do the same with Vilu...Talk to you later."

Text Message to: Vilu

Hey, I've been thinking a lot about what you told me today. You definitely need a girl's night out, so meet me at the karaoke place tomorrow at 7pm. And by the way: no excuses regarding why you "can't" come.