Chapter 11: Surrounded By Surprises

Leon lay on his bed thinking about what had happened the other day with Violetta. What had she meant by all of that? It hurt him to see her so sad—so broken, and apparently it was because of something he did.

Running his hand through his hair, he grabbed his phone off his desk and dialled Francesca's number. While he patiently listened to the ringing that it made, he sincerely hoped that Fran would pick up.

"Hey, what do you want?" she answered suddenly in a monotonous voice.

"Look Fran," Leon replied, paying no attention to his friend's uninterested tone. "I need you to tell me what happened that made Vilu so angry at me,"

"I can't believe you! You don't know?! You are so fake, Leon. Don't call me again!" she said as she furiously hung up on him.

"Hello? Hello?" he spoke into his phone, until he realized that Francesca had ended the conversation.

What did I do?! he thought.

Determined, he tried once again, but this time he called Camila instead.

Leon listened to the hum of the dial tone once again as he waited, but his second attempt went almost as bad as his first one, except the fact that Camila didn't even bother to answer his call.

_______________________________

Just when he was about to give up, an unexpected person showed up at his bedroom door.

"Ludmila? What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Well, I heard about what happened between you and your little 'girlfriend'. And I just wanted to tell you that's she just not worth it," she said, as while flipped her curly blonde hair over her shoulder.

"I don't get it,"

"It means that we can be together, because the truth is: I've liked you for a very, very long time,"

She quickly sat on Leon's bed, and forcefully put her hands in his. Without any hesitation whatsoever, she leaned in to kiss him, but just as their lips were about to touch, Leon removed his hands from Ludmila's and quickly pushed her away.

"What the hell are you doing?" he shouted, his voice a mix of anger and shock.

"Oh Leon, how can you be so naive? You're single, I'm single...You like me and I like you, what else is there to explain. You and I would be a perfect couple!"

"Are you out of your mind? I don't like you, in fact, I never did. I'm in love with Violetta, in case that isn't obvious to you."

"Harsh words, Lion. But I hope that someday you'll realize that we're meant to be," Ludmila winked.

"Can you leave now? I'm kind of in the middle of something," Leon said, rolling his eyes at her flirty gestures.

"Sure, I'll leave you alone. But don't you want to know why Violetta is mad at you?"

Leon's eyes widened at her words. "Of course I want to know. I'll do anything to find out what I did to make her so upset!"

"Anything?" she asked.

"Anything."

"Kiss me and I'll tell you," she countered.

"Are you serious, Ludmila? I would never kiss you, especially when I love someone else."

"Well I guess I'll be leaving then," she shrugged as she made her way to the door. "But you'll never find out from anyone else about why Violetta is mad at you."

"Ok, fine. I'll kiss you, but after, you need to tell me everything." Leon replied hesitantly.

As they both leaned in, Leon quickly pressed his lips against Ludmila's ignoring the feeling in his gut that told him that what he was doing was wrong.

When Leon pulled away from Ludmila, who obviously wanted to keep the kiss going, he desperately asked, "Tell me—I need to know how to make things right."