Chapter 12: Unforgivable

Leon pushed a smirking Ludmila aside and bolted out the door. He knew everything now, he knew that Diego recorded them rehearsing the script that Ludmila forced into his hands, how Violetta later watched the video and is now broken inside.

Moments later, he took the steps two at a time as he ran up to Vilu's room. Thankfully, neither Herman or Olga were around at the moment, so he could enter the house without any questioning from the both of them.

He rapidly started knocking on the door, as he bit his tongue to stop him from calling out to Violetta to open it. He knew that if he made his presence known right now, she wouldn't let him in and would most certainly kick him out of the house.

Just then, the door opened, revealing an almost unrecognizable brunette with bloodshot, puffy eyes. Black mascara left its marks in the form of lines and smudges on her formerly rosy cheeks. Violetta looked as if she had cried for days, and seeing her like that made Leon's heart shatter.

She's feeling this way because of me.

"What do you want?" Violetta asked, her voice sharp and cold.

"Vilu," he pleaded. "This was all a huge misunderstanding. You've got it all wrong!"

Her shaking hands grasped the side of the door ready to shut it in his face. But before she had the chance to do that, Leon wedged his foot in between the door and the door frame, preventing Violetta from closing it.

"Leon!" she shouted, visibly frustrated. "When will you finally take the hint that I'm done with you? Can't you understand that what you did was unforgivable and that I don't want to see your face anymore?!"

And with that statement coming from Vilu, Leon felt more crushed than ever before. How could she say that when she didn't even know the truth about what really happened between him and Ludmila?

He nodded his head slightly at her words, but before he backed away from her bedroom door, he decided to leave her with a few words to think about.

"Alright. I'll be going now," Leon said in a soft tone. "But Vilu...just remember that I love you and always will, even if we're not together."

Brushing a trembling hand through his hair, he looked into her chocolate brown eyes one more time and left.

_______________________________

Leon sat on one of the benches in his and Violetta's favourite park, completely numb and not even bothering to fight the continuous flashbacks of him and the beautiful brunette that he once called his.

Just as he let out a sigh, Leon heard the sound of footsteps approaching him. Turning around, he saw one of the people he really didn't want to deal with right now.

"What do you want?" Leon asked in annoyance.

"Oh, nothing really. Just wanted to see how you're doing after your—dare I say— break up with Violetta,"

"Did you really come here to ask me that? If I remember correctly, it's your fault that we aren't together anymore!"

"Oh Leon," Diego chuckled humourlessly. "I merely recorded what was going on between you and Ludmila. Nothing more, nothing less,"

"Why do you keep trying to hurt people, Diego? When will you finally learn that making someone suffer won't help you feel any better about yourself? I'll remind you of something in case you have forgotten, there are always two sides to a bridge." Leon retorted.

Letting out yet another laugh, he asked, "And what's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that you're hurting Violetta as well—the girl you obviously still love," Leon replied, just before he walked away, leaving Diego alone on the park bench.

_______________________________

Dear readers,
I'm so, so, so sorry for making you wait so long for the next chapter of this book. I lost all of my inspiration for it, but now I'm back on Wattpad and I promise that I will start updating it more often. Sorry again😞

Much love💕 ,
Lia