Chapter 1

Welcome to book 3 of The Golden Prodigies series! I hope you enjoy reading more about the futures of our beloved vampires, angels, and humans! ;)

- Sian

For Vinny and Oliver, two thousand years had flown by like it wasn't hundreds of lifetimes for humans.

The Vanderwood family still owned their city, and they still lived in their enormous mansion. Their home was rebuilt a few times, but they made sure it always looked the same.

Over the years and as technology developed, humans were given too much power that very nearly started a world war. The vampires had to restrict who was able to experiment with it and instead use it for the greater good. In terms of health and groundbreaking breakthroughs, humans could now live up to 100 years old with the guarantee that they would not die of any diseases. If they died before old age, it would be due to accidents only.

Humanity was dealing with population control, which had gotten severely out of hand, but the vampires left them to it.

Things for Oliver and Vinny were different now. They were both twenty years old and married. Yes, they were still young to be married, and Madison and Duke thought they should have waited until they were at least twenty-two or something. Vinny argued that they would be together forever. Waiting was pointless.

Vinny didn't even tell his parents that he was going to propose, so when he got down on one knee, Madison almost fainted with excitement. John was beyond pleased. He didn't care that they were only twenty; his son would be with the love of his life forever. Why wait?

The wedding was huge because Madison wouldn't have it any other way, and to the boys, it was the best day of their lives. A wedding so large was also something that excited the public and brought their city a lot of publicity.

The current generation of people had grown up with Oliver being a part of the Vanderwood family. In their eyes, he had always been there and always would. There was no surprise for Vinny to have a male soulmate. It was usual for Oliver to be viewed as a Vanderwood, just like the rest of the family.

It was unusual for Oliver to feel like he was never ageing. The people he thought would be there throughout his whole life had passed away. Everyone he used to work with, everyone he went to school with and familiar faces he would pass in the street all died many, many years ago, even his mother. Oliver was sad about that for a while, but it was almost two thousand years ago now, and he wouldn't be able to recognise her in a photograph.

It wasn't hard to imagine that the public loved Oliver. Mainly because Vinny was still his moody self and didn't acknowledge them, but Oliver was kind and gave them attention every now and again. The public also liked that he was human, so in a way, they felt like they could relate to him.

Now, life was just perfect.

* * * * *

The alarm screeched through the room, immediately waking Oliver. He groaned and leaned sleepily over Vinny, who was reading a book. Oliver opened his eyes to switch the alarm off before dropping all his weight onto his soulmate.

Vinny paused before pressing his book to his chest. "You promised him," he said while rubbing Oliver's back.

Oliver promised Duke that he would get up and give the staff their instructions for the morning because Duke was busy.

"I know," Oliver mumbled. "I'll get up in a minute."

Vinny smiled, knowing that wasn't true. He picked his book back up when Oliver started snoring. After thousands of mornings, Oliver still wasn't a morning person.