Chapter 10

Vinny and Oliver had been stuck in that room for almost half a day and it was driving them mad.

It was incredibly frustrating that they could see each other but not make that physical touch.

Talking to each other helped to distract their minds but it wasn't the same and they wouldn't stop feeling sorrow and pain until their bonds went back to normal.

At the minute, Vinny was trying to help Panuleon pull his chains from the wall once more.

He knew angels were stronger than Vampires. Even though the handcuffs were somehow weakening Panuleon's powers, they hadn't taken Vinny into consideration and he still had his full strengths.

Corey and Oliver were watching, hoping that their little plan was successful.

There was a small crack that was forming around the screws and if the demons didn't notice anything, they'd hopefully be successful at escaping.

But suddenly, the door was kicked open and in walked the female demon.

"Bathroom break" She sighed and stomped over to Corey.

He backed into Oliver as she unchained him from the wall.

"Don't be so pathetic" She muttered and yanked him up.

This was the first time in almost two days that he had stood up so his legs were feeling quite weak.

"It's alright Corey, don't panic," Panuleon said calmly as he watched the Demon.

"Shut up" She spat as she grabbed Corey's shoulders and pushed him towards the door.

Even she was taller than him.

When Corey and Panuleon met, Panuleon was eighteen in human years and Corey was almost eighteen too.

He's twenty now and probably hasn't grown since he was fourteen.

That's one thing Panuleon absolutely loved about him. He loved how cute he was and how easily his small body melted into his big one when they hugged.

When Corey was out of Panuleon's view, he whimpered and doubled over in pain.

"No" He wailed when Corey was getting pulled further away.

The door was open and they could hear Corey beginning to cry out too.

Vinny frowned in discomfort. He wished he could help but there was nothing he could do.

Oliver swallowed the lump in his throat. Seeing their pain was awful and it looked as bad as it felt. He was really starting to miss Vinny's scent and his warmth.

But in a way, it was easier for them. They were passed their limit and it hurt a hell of a lot but Corey and Panuleon had a five-meter mark that they couldn't cross which meant they felt it ten times worse, the further away they were.

"Hang in there Panuleon," He said, not knowing how else to comfort him.

Vinny looked to see tears falling from the angels eyes and if that wasn't a wake-up call, then he didn't know what was.

It showed how painful it was for them if it brought the one who should be the strongest almost to his breaking point.

He kept thinking to himself that the angels are coming.

It was a comforting thought but not one that guaranteed their safety for the future ahead.

Panuleon clutched his chest and scrunched his eyes shut. He rocked himself and clenched his jaw.