Chapter 26

Oliver tried so hard to keep still, but the shock of falling from the sky made his whole body tremble.

He hurt tremendously and couldn't turn to see if Jed was alright.

All he could do was stare at the tree stump, right in front of him.

He could feel Vinny's stress and worry, indicating that they had reached the tear and realised they weren't there.

He hoped someone would come soon. His bones were in the open and he couldn't describe how horrendous it felt.

Suddenly, someone grabbed his hair and pulled his head from the ground. The dirt stuck to his cheek as he whimpered and cried.

But before that person could do anything, Jed dived on him and crashed into the tree stump.

He killed the demon right in front of him.

Oliver could see his broken wrist and his mangled knee. To see a part of himself that looked so deformed made him get weak and a little sick.

Jed instantly got up and ran by his side, but he was sore as the demon had injured his wing.

"The baby" Oliver whispered.

Yes, it was still hard to believe that he was going to have one but that didn't stop him from worrying about its health.

"Don't worry Oliver, Panuleon can heal you and Aliyah can check, okay?" He asked as he gently ran a hand through the humans hair, trying to settle his worried mind.

He couldn't imagine the amount of pain Oliver must be in right now.

"Okay," Oliver sobbed.

Jed swallowed the lump in his throat as he scooped Oliver up in his arms.

He screamed out in pain and it echoed through the woods.

"I'm so sorry," Jed said as he stood up.

His wings were incredibly sore but he was okay compared to Oliver.

Just then, he heard a familiar voice in the back of his mind.

It was Zachariah.

"Jeduthun, where are you? Are you hurt? Shall we send help?" was all Jed heard from the angel.

"We're on our way, tell Panuleon to get ready," Jed thought back as he looked down to Oliver.

His eyes were scrunched shut as he gripped tightly onto Jed's shirt.

The angel looked up to the canopies, knowing it was going to be tough to stay in the sky but he had to,

For Oliver.

* * * * *

Vinny was pacing and breathing heavy. He was glaring at everyone and chewing the inside of his lip.

His soulmate was hurt and there was nothing he could do.

Was Jed okay?

He ran a hand through his hair and turned to Zachariah.

"Why are you taking so long?" He grumbled.

Vinny had no patience for things like this.

But the angels understood.

"I'm just trying- Wait" He then turned his head like he was listening to something.

The waves crashing on the shore and the seagulls above were really starting to irritate the vampire.