Chapter 15

Duke sat at the end of his bed.

here was yet another night without the boys and he couldn't describe how worried he was.

Why was it taking so long for them to return home? Have the angels not found them yet? Were they still together?

The fact that he, Madison and John knew nothing was making their nerves fly through the roof.

The mansion seemed empty without them.

Whenever they were sitting in the dining-room, they kept expecting Oliver to burst through the door and start talking about god knows what. Or Vinny to angrily walk in and ignore the world like he usually does.

They missed listening to the boys talk to one another and they missed their ridiculous humour.

The public was the same, They had been crowding up outside, waiting to hear any news.

After the world got over the shock that there was a demon invasion, people have been offering all kinds of help, but what could they do? Only the angels could save the boys now.

* * * * *

It has been almost five hours since Zachariah found Corey in the vent. He kept going back to see that he had made tiny bits of progress but he was still out of his reach.

With each passing hour, it has been harder and harder for Corey to even communicate with Zachariah. The pain was becoming too much for his small body.

"Come on Corey, just a few more meters."

This time, when the angel came to his aid, Corey had passed out from the pain and Zachariah had to throw things at him to get him to wake up.

"I-I'm trying" He breathed but tears were flowing down his face and his body was still shaking.

"I know and you're doing great but I fear the demons will find us."

Zachariah kept glancing up at the ceiling. He had realised that he has two minutes with Corey until the smoke comes and then he has to wait half an hour until it's safe to come back.

"He's so far away" Corey sobbed as his head throbbed from his cries.

Zachariah swallowed the lump in his throat. Corey's sadness was very hard to witness.

"I know, but you'll be with him soon."

* * * * *

Vinny's mind was starting to wake up, as was Oliver's.

He felt extremely drained of energy and very tired.

Jed watched as the boys frowned but they looked exhausted. He could tell they would find it hard to wake up from this mystery drug.

As Vinny's mind became more conscious, he tried moving his fingers.

He was surprised that there was a warm hand, curled around his. He knew it was Oliver's and relief ran through his body.

Oliver felt warmth in his chest from Vinny and also when he felt something move on his hand.

He knew it was his soulmate.

This gave them both the strength to gently squeeze each other's hand.

But they didn't know where they were or who they were with.

Are they still with the demons or did the angels reach them?

They both waited a few minutes until their bodies regained a little bit of strength before attempting to open their eyes.