Chapter 27

Everyone waited until the instrument that opened the gap between the two worlds was destroyed.

"Where are we?" Oliver asked Jed as he kicked the sand with his feet.

"The south coast of India," He said as he looked out and into the horizon.

Oliver raised his eyebrows.

He has been to India before because he has lived for over two thousand years, so he and the Vanderwood's have travelled a lot.

"How long will it take to get home?" He asked.

"A few minutes" Jed smiled.

Oliver nodded. It was unusual that he could travel thousands of miles so fast.

Vinny watched as some angels landed in front of him before they casually walked over.

"It is destroyed," Maliyah said to Zachariah.

"Good, now let's get these boys home."

Aliyah went over to Vinny as Jed took hold of Oliver. Corey hugged Panuleon before the angels showed their wings.

"Are you okay to fly again?" Jed asked.

He could feel that Oliver was gripping him very tightly.

"Um, yeah," He said and nodded to reassure himself. Yes, he was terrified of falling out of the sky again but in this world, there are no demons to knock them off course.

"Okay. I know it's only a few minutes but if you want to take a break at any point, you can."

Oliver nodded once more but he was so desperate to get home, he would be able to tolerate a few minutes in the skies.

"Are we ready?" Zachariah asked, creating nods from the group. Everyone knew to follow him as they looked up and into the skies.

And in a blink of an eye,

They were gone.

* * * * *

John had his hands wrapped around a cold cup of tea.

He couldn't bring himself to do anything. He was so unmotivated, sad and depressed about his son.

Not a moment went by that he hasn't thought about him.

Was he safe? Was he with Vinny?

All the questions that were aimlessly wandering about in his head could not be answered and it was driving him insane.

He just wanted to know if he was okay.

Duke and Madison felt the same.

The long sleepless nights were a gateway for bad thoughts. They couldn't help but to think the worst and it was eating away at them, day by day.

They shared a glance with each other, knowing exactly how they were feeling.

Just then, something suddenly grabbed their attention.

John, Duke and Madison looked up from the table.

A faint creamy glow began to appear in the middle of the dining-room.

Their hearts filled with hope as the light grew brighter.

then, all of sudden, their room was filled with around twenty angels.

They stood up from the table and looked around desperately.

Vinny couldn't describe how warm and complete he felt to have the familiar smell of his home fill his nostrils.