Chapter 53

"Panuleon, why are his wings black?"

It was a shock for Corey to see that his baby had wings in the first place, but there was something not quite right.

"I don't know, but if you look closer you can see some gold, see," The angel said as he brought the baby closer.

And sure enough, mixed with the pure black feathers were beautiful patterns of swirling gold.

Corey found himself reaching out to touch them, they were so mesmerising.

"They're beautiful," He said as the little wing trembled under the tickling touch.

"Do you think it might be the power that did this?" He suggested.

"Maybe," Panuleon said. It would make sense as to why they were gold, but not why they were black.

"I think the reason why these angel wings are black is due to the power. Remember, your kids will have something so strong that black wings are just the beginning. The power is dark and magical, it doesn't surprise me that this has happened" Zachariah said. "Yes I've never seen anything like it, but I have never seen anything like your bond either."

The angel had a point.

The wings change of colour must be the powers fault. These kids are meant to be different, they're meant to stand out above the crowd.

Everyone took their gaze to the newborn's cute little wings, seeing them in a brighter light.

"So, you're saying there's nothing for us to worry about?" Panuleon asked.

"Yes. He has black wings for a reason and I think it's just a symbol for the power that he'll possess."

* * * * *

Corey rested for a further hour before getting up and getting a shower.

Zachariah looked after the newborn in the dining-room.

"You did such a great job," Panuleon said as he wrapped his arms around him while he dried his hair with a towel.

Corey leant into him, feeling that the efforts of what he managed to go through were starting to take it's toll again.

Surprisingly, he wasn't doing too bad. This strange power within was healing him at rapid speeds as they guessed his insides had gone back to normal.

"I can't believe I had a baby today," He said before chucking his towel at the radiator but missed.

"I know, we still need to think of a name" Panuleon smiled when Corey turned and snuggled his head into his chest.

"It's so hard."

"I know, but there's one I hear you thinking about and it's one that I really like."

Corey looked up but kept his chin resting against his chest.

"I really like that name."

"Me too," Panuleon said before he leant down and picked up his tired soulmate. "Let's go name our baby."

* * * * *

"Do you think he knows it's another baby?" Oliver asked.

He was sitting next to Zachariah and holding little Rayvon. He was awake but Corey and Panuleon's child was sleeping.

Rayvon had not stopped gazing in his direction.

"Maybe, I do not understand how a baby's mind works," Zachariah said.