Chara's Gift

ASRIEL'S POV

It was almost time for the party. I was nervous out of my rockers but I knew I was doing the right thing. "What is taking them so long to get ready? Does it take girls this long to dress nicely," I asked Sans. He nodded and shrugged. "You should've seen me and Frisk's wedding. It was twenty minutes before she walked down the aisle," Sans said.

I nodded. Suddenly, I heard the bathroom door open. I turned immediately. Chara was beautiful.

I gulped and felt like I was flying

I gulped and felt like I was flying. Chara looked at me with concern. "Azzy, are you okay," she asked. I snapped out of it. I rubbed the back of my head. "Y-yeah. I just...can't wait for people to get here so you can open your presents," I said. She smiled. "I'm sure they'll all be wonderful," Chara said and kissed my cheek. Frisk was waiting for her in the kitchen.

Sans patted my back. I looked in my pocket. There, I saw that small black box. It was a small box. But I knew that one thing was for sure. It was small. But it would make a BIG difference in me and Chara's lives.

CHARA'S POV

After about thirty minutes, everyone arrived. And as expected, Toriel and Asgore didn't come. I was fine with that. As long as I was surrounded by my friends, nothing could mess up my party. It was finally time to open gifts. "Open mine and Frisk's first," Sans said, handing me a red and blue wrapped gift. It was a box of collages of our adventures. I hugged them and thanked them.

Next was Alphys and Undyne's gift. It was a gift wrapped in white and blue paper. I unboxed it and found a full season of Death Note discs. I was so happy. They knew Death Note was my favorite anime. I thanked them and opened the rest of the gifts.

And finally, there was Asriel's gift. I knew it was going to be beautiful. He handed me a note. It read,

Dear Chara, I need you to know that I love you. Every moment I spend with you is like I have no worries and you make me feel safe and cared for. My gift is very personal and if you say no, that's fine. Happy Birthday. From Asriel. I smiled and kissed him. Everyone clapped and cheered. "Anyways, Chara here's my gift," he said, pulling out the little black box.

I gasped and cried as he went on one knee and opened the box. Inside, there was a red and white diamond ring. I cried and Frisk hugged me. "What's your answer," Undyne asked from behind us. I looked at Asriel. I motioned for him to stand up. When he did, I hugged him tightly. "YES! A DEFINITE YES," I screamed as tears streamed down my face.

Asriel hugged me hard and everyone clapped and cheered. He ran his fingers through my hair. "Chara, it's okay. I'm here," Asriel told me, comforting me. Undyne screamed. "Finally. You two are engaged. I never thought it would happen at this point," she yelled. Sans and Frisk laughed. "Do you understand why I joked about a ring," Sans asked. I nodded. Suddenly, Asriel picked me up off the ground and kissed me. And once again, everyone cheered.