Adoption Day

my alarm went off at 5:00 am. I really wanted to unplug it throw it across the room and go back to sleep. but I knew that if I wanted to go for a run before we had to go for interviews I had to get up now. I crept out of my dorm and went and told Annabelle (our supervisor) that I was going for a run, she just told me to be back by 7:15 am. 

after the run...

everyone was still asleep but I was up and ready to go. I was still wearing my sports bra and my black under armor leggings. I went downstairs to the dining hall and breakfast was nearly ready. there were only 10 other people there, but I didn't really know them. I ate scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast and went upstairs to brush my teeth and re-do my hair. everyone was still asleep. How? it's like 7:00. 

interviews...

I got called for an interview so I walked to the room and saw 2 men sitting at a table. they looked pretty similar so I thought that they must have been siblings. I had absolutely no idea who they were so they were surprised when I wasn't screaming.

me: hello

them: hello, how are you?

me: I'm okay, I guess

me: may I ask... 

them: yeah sure... 

me: everyone was so excited and has been screaming and gossiping all morning about you guys, so who exactly are you?

them: so I'm Capron.

them: and I'm Corey

me: cool, but why is everyone so excited

them: well were youtubers, and we've got 4, nearly 5 million subscribers.

me: impressive!

they asked more questions, like what is your favorite sport, favorite hobby, how old I am, how long I've been here, etc...

after the interview

speaker person: could Monet please come down to the courtyard.

as soon as I heard that I rushed down to see what the commotion was. I walked out to the courtyard and seeing the 2 people who interviewed me. they were standing there with Annabelle and she had a huge smile on her face. 

Annabelle: congrats Monet

me: on what?

Annabelle: you have officially been adopted!

me: what really!?!

Annabelle: what di you think was going to happen?

me: I thought you were going to tell me off for going off for a run, out of boundaries.

Annabelle: you did what?

me: nothing!!

them: (laughings, followed by more laughter!)

Annabelle: well you better go and pack your bags

I ran off to my dorm and everyone was asking me questions and I just said I got adopted. I was bombarded with questions with who it was. I said...

me: 2 people named Capron and Corey

everyone else: YOU GOT ADOPTED BY THE FUNK BROS!!!!!!!!!!!

me: who?

everyone else: you don't know who the Funk Bros are?

me: no

me: anyways I've got to pack my bags

10mins later

Funk Bros: you ready

me: hell yeah!

Corey: great

time skip

we arrive at the house...

me: wow!!