Chapter 1

"I can't believe you." I whispered, looking around like scared deer. My brother just rolled his eyes at my axcienty and shrugged his shoulders while we drove deeper into the forest. I looked outside the window and felt my heart beating rapidly in my chest. He drove slower then, letting the SUV roll into a side path.

"I'm scared, Silas. Where the Fuck are we going." I demanded and tried to sound confident even I absolutely were not. I saw a smirk playing along his lips when he pointed forward. There was some kind of fence in front of us, it was huge, maybe four meter in height, behind the fence stood about twenty cars.

"What is this?" I asked again and he stopped at the end of the line of parking cars.

"This, my dear Sam is what I call Late night fun." He sounded excited and I started to let my eyes wander around the place. It looked like an abandoned sort of factory, it was quite big so I guessed it once was well known here in Washington.

Silas shoved me out of the car and then stood next to me, putting his arm around my shoulders in a protective way. He wouldn't have to do that if he just let me stay at home though.

"You still gave me no answer." I started to get impatient with my brother but he suddenly turned deadly serious within seconds.

"Sam, this is a street racing kinda thing and before you start asking me, yes I am involved." Silas started to walk to the building and showed the bodyguard in front some sort of passport. I were shocked but not for long.

Loud music was playing in the hall when we entered, but Silas pulled me through the crowd and out of the factory on the other side of the room. I bit my lip when I saw even more people in front of me, probably a little over two hundred.

A racing track was in front of us and there were five drivers on their motorcycles about to start of. My heart pumped when I went down the stairs and found myself next to the finish line.

I tried my best not to think of murdering Silas right now. His tall body was towering next to me standing there with his arms crossed like he was about to start the race in just a few seconds.

"I hope the crowd is as hyped as I am! This race is going to be one of the best this night, so don't leave till they finish their ten laps."

A guys voice was booming through the loudspeakers next to me making me cringe a bit since his voice was very high pitched.

"In the pole position we got, Maria Prinze. Second is Reagan Chase followed by Li..."

I didn't listen to any names anymore, my blue eyes found their way to the woman staring from second position. Reagan.

Her helmet laid in front of her on the tank of her motorcycle, which I briefly identified as a Ducati, the woman herself looked calm and controlled. I couldn't take my eyes of her.

Her mesmerising green-grey eyes that seemed so focused and cought up in the moment. Her lean figure sitting loosely on the seat with her dark brown hair pulled back.

I blocked the voices around me out and just stood there, awestruck by the beauty of a single person.

"...the race is about to start."

The announcer spoke again, ripping me out of my daydreams. My head snapped back to the woman. She put the white helmet over her head and zipping her red and white suit up fully.

"What is this race about? Ten laps seem short." I asked and turned my head to Silas who also seemed deep in his thoughts for quite a while.

"The last one to stand wins all." He just said, painfully emotionless.