Chapter 13

"Tell me something about the problems you have with your parents." I looked up to see Reagan sitting down near the mirror wall.

Two weeks passed since we visited Marcos family and nothing happened. With nothing, I meant nothing. Reagan didn't even once mention the night at the farm, nor acknowledged the fact that we kissed multiple times.

I bit my lower lip and sighed. I knew that that question would come at some point but I hoped that she would forget it.
"Sit down. Don't you think I notice when you're not here mentally?" Reagan said with a more harsh kind of voice.

I shivered and went over to her to sit down in front of her. I looked into her green, forest eyes and sighed again.
"I think you can guess that my parents have slightly homophobic tendencies, right?" I asked and watched her nod.

"Silas is their favourite. They would do absolutely anything for him. You see, he's the perfect son. Smart, athletic, handsome and most of all, not gay." Reagan seemed to understand what I meant.

"They want to make you a female version of him?" She asked me. I only laughed bitterly.

"Since the day I was born and not a boy." I made it clear that I didn't have the best relationship with either one of my parents.

"Those scars on your legs..." my eyes went small as soon as she started to talk and I cut her off immediately.

"Don't, it's not because of my parents. I don't want to talk about it..."

Silence filled the studio with its heaviness but we needed it. I needed it most of all. Since the day Silas told me that my parents are visiting sooner or later in the next few weeks, I barely slept and the days were dragging on and on without any emotional difference overcoming me.

University was fun though. I loved being around my friends and my instructors were pretty cool as well.

But what I was looking forward the most was meeting Reagan. I was getting addicted to dancing, her and myself together and so close. Sometimes I could barely breath when we just stood inches apart from each other.

Today I felt like shit. My mind was everywhere but not focused on my moves. More like a clumsy puppy.

I would have been an idiot to think that Reagan wouldn't notice that.
"I was confused at the time. I didn't know why my parents suddenly didn't love me any more. I think I was twelve or thirteen when I happily mentioned that I had a crush on one of the girls in my class. Homosexuality never was spoken about in my school or my family, so I didn't understand my feelings nor the way my parents acted. It hurt a lot back then, not knowing what I did wrong and not knowing why everything had to change."

I looked up and found Reagan listening to me carefully. I smiled at that and continued.
"I got lost within my own anxiety and it took me about three years, when I was sixteen, to find out that I wasn't the problem. Being a smartass, I finished high school a couple of weeks later. I moved to my brother then, knowing that he protects me like he always did. He's my best friend, supporter and guard. Being able to count on him is the only stable thing in my life. I guess that's also the reason for me wanting routine during my everyday life."

It felt good saying that while knowing that someone was listening and actually caring about my thoughts.
"Him and Hayley of course. She's like a sister to me, a bit crazy tho."

Reagan laughed a bit what made me look up to her.
"A bit?" She asked and I shook my head.
"She's a handful but amazing." I added smiling as well.

"Thanks for putting enough trust in me to make you tell me this. I know how hard it sometimes is to open up." The brunette looked away from me and out of the window.