Chapter 9: Holy Quintet, Nina, and Nerissa: Live Your Life

(As if parents aren't that helpful with their children, Nina and Nerissa have always depended on each other. I wanted to show that in this story. The two of them are a strong example of sisters always having each other backs. Nina is willing to do anything to help her little sister in any kind of situation she is in. Also, the two of them will always support and love each other. No matter what their mother says about them, they know who they are in the end. Never forget who you really are)

(Nerissa's POV)

          "You won't be allowed to skate until you get an A!" my mother's shrieks echoed in my head as I sat in my room, holding myself.

Nina wasn't in trouble this time. It was me. I held my red cheek. It was just one slap, but it hurt a lot. My mother is the reason I couldn't let anyone touch me. I am too scared of someone trying to hit me. Nina knocked on my door as she entered the room. She sat next to me as I let her hug me. I just cried as she calmly stroked my head.

"Don't worry. Everything will be ok" she soothed me.

"Just why? I am doing my best" I wailed out weakly.

"I know. I know" she said calmly.

There was another knock at me door. I turned to see Alex. He looked very nervous and concerned at same time.

"I know you said you didn't want anyone here, but I wanted to see if I can help" he said nervously.

I just dug my face into my sister's chest. She just motioned for Alex to sit with us. She quietly and slowly let me go as she went to get something. I leaned my head on Alex's shoulder as I cried.

"I'll always be here for you" he told me calmly.

I just nodded my head. However, I heard a very odd voice call out to me.

"Hey, Nerissa! Come outside!" the voice said excitedly.

I turned my head around at the sound of the voice. Who was that? Alex looked at me concerned.

"Are you ok?" he asked worriedly.

"Just wait here. I'll be right back" I reassured him as I ran out of my room.

I went to the patio and searched for the voice. It has to be here.

"Ah. There you are! I was worried I wouldn't find you" a white cat said in relief as he appeared on a table.

"Who are you?" I asked as I kneeled in front of him.

"I am Kyubey. I can grant you any wish you desire. All you have to do is became a magical girl!" he said with a grin.

"A magical girl?" I asked confused.

"You would fight witches and spread good around the worlds" he explained with a bow.

Before I could tell him my answer, someone tried to shoot him! I quickly created an energy shield around us as I turned to Kyubey. Was this little cat in danger?

"Oh, no! They found me! I have to get away!" he said in a panic.

"Where do you need to go?" I asked him as I made dragon wings appear on my back.

"Take me to my world" he said urgently as he jumped on my shoulder.

I just nodded my head as I summoned Oathkeeper and flew towards the sky. I quickly unlocked the keyhole and left my world.

(Nina's POV)

I finally found the Sea Salt Ice Cream stash hidden in Connor's room. I entered my sister's room, but I only found Alex there.