Chapter 2: New Home

Dear Iruka,

I hope you can take care of my son. I know he can be really feisty but he's a really kind child. I just want him to stop picking a fight with everyone. I'm afraid it'll backfire on who he chooses to fight with next time. So please, take care of him until next year.

Sincerely, Kushina Uzumaki

Iruka Umino read over the letter that came from a good friend of his. Standing at his doorstep, with an omega teenager that avoided making eye contact with him the whole entire time. He was average height for a teenager with golden spiky hair. He wore khaki jeans while he wore multiple layers of sweaters. He wouldn't have lasted if it were a hot summer day.

"So..... Naruto Uzumaki. You'll be under my care for around a year. Nice to meet you, my name is Iruka Umino." Tucking the letter in his pocket. Iruka then stuck his hand out for a handshake from Naruto. At first hesitant, he chose to finally make eye contact with him and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Umino." Naruto quickly took his hand back to break eye contact with Iruka.

"You don't have to worry about me being an alpha. I'm a beta, if you hadn't already caught onto my scent." Iruka said right afterward. Naruto's ears perked, finally looking up and scanning Iruka's body.

He wasn't going to say it or ever admit it, but Naruto had a small fear that his own mother had sent him to an alpha. While he knows his mother would never, the fear was still scary.

"Also, just call me Iruka. Now come inside and I'll help you unpack. I already have a room ready for you." Iruka broke the silence and gestured for him to enter his home.

"R-Right." Naruto entered with his two suitcases that he had with him.

Upon entering Iruka's home, there was a familiar scent of fresh pine and wood. The scent wasn't strong but enough to be there. Iruka's come was an average sized home. A kitchen and a living room was visible, along with a few doors which was probably the bathroom and a small extra room. There were stairs that held another bathroom and one bedroom.

"Kushina really did you in, huh?" Iruka left out a small laugh. Naruto didn't understand what he meant and an imaginary question mark appeared over his head. He looked puzzled and while he wasn't speaking as much, Iruka noticed his expression.

"I mean, she decided to let you take the train instead of bringing you here herself, especially with those two large suitcases." Iruka said. He walked over to a door in the far corner of the living room and opened it, revealing more stairs that led downstairs.

"My mother is busy at work. She offered to take me the next day, but I refused and took the train myself." Naruto spoke, "I just want to get this year over with." he muttered shortly after, but Iruka didn't hear his last part.

"Ah, makes sense. Anyway, since I don't have any other extra room. I only had the basement available, now don't make any face. My basement is clean and rid of the creepy vibes that you see in other basements. I already cleaned it up before you arrived, since I don't have much extra baggage, it wasn't all that difficult." Iruka said and walked down the stairs to his basement.

Naruto with his two large suitcases, followed right after him and made sure not to fall.

The basement was actually as Iruka described and was spacious and clean. There was a tiny window at the corner where one could view the outside for a bit. The whole basement complex was simple with a bed, a small television, a couch, a book shelf, and a few other simple things. There was even a bathroom just for the basement.

"I figured since you'd be staying here for over a year, that I'd get you things to bypass the time. So I just pulled out my old tv from my storage and compiled a few books I had lying around, if you were interested." Iruka finished and then headed over to help Naruto unpack.

"Thank you. I'll make sure to get around them, if I can." Naruto smiled at him.

The two spent unpacking his stuff for about 30 minutes. Around 10 minutes later and Iruka left to prepare dinner.

Being left alone in his new room, Naruto immediately started pacing back and forth, looking at all the stuff that was given to him. The room alone was mind boggling to him. He thought back to his old room where he didn't own as much stuff.

After gettin himself somewhat set in, Naruto went upstairs after Iruka had called after him for dinner. He had prepared chicken stir fry for the two and while the two were silent at first, slowly a conversation grew and the two spoke about what they would do after today.

Iruka had mentioned to Naruto about him beginning school on Monday. The two exchanged phone numbers in case for an emergency or just for anything else.

While they had a civil conversation with one another about their situations. That could almost be said the opposite in another household not too far away.

——————

If any mistakes happened and I didn't notice, then that's tough.

I wish I could put on dark mode when typing a story.

That moment I try to write something else but then remember that I got this to finish.