Chapter 6: Mother Knows Best

"So that asshole was Sasuke Uchiha? I'd advise to stay away from him bud." Kiba said while he walked on the sidewalk with Akamaru walking ahead of him. Naruto was by his side walking in unison.

"Why's that?" Naruto looked over at Kiba. His arms were crossed behind his head.

The sun was beginning to set and the two were walking home.

"He's an Uchiha. Those dudes are alphas right there. They're cocky ones too, since they're mostly born alphas from birth." Kiba answered Naruto. The mention of alpha is when Naruto's ears perked.

"How does that happen?" Naruto asked out of curiosity. He wouldn't lie that he was still interested in the topics of alpha, even if he wasn't one himself.

"Well since others like us figure out in our teenage years, those Uchiha are like bred to be alpha from the start." Kiba finished.

"So you're telling me that they are mated with other alphas or one another to achieve that?" Naruto asked.

"That I do not know or want to know" Kiba had a recoiled expression of the idea. Naruto stopped and thought for a few seconds what that meant and soon nodded in agreement with Kiba.

There was now silence but not the uncomfortable kind of silence. They just walked with one another enjoying the walk around the town to get home. The walk wasn't long and it was a nice one with Akamaru leading the way with a proud stride.

Naruto had only been living in the town for not even a full month and he didn't mind it. The area was smaller than his old city with his mother.

There weren't the usual thugs and delinquents hanging around the streets waiting to pick a fight with someone.

In a way, Naruto liked this setting.

The whole area was calm and more local which was something he didn't get often. Back home, in Sunagakure, there was always someone looking to pick a fight. Especially, when they could smell the omega off of Naruto. The place was also extremely hot, so picking a fight would tire anyone out.

How has no one noticed that Naruto is an omega?

Well, before he left, his mother had given him a special kind of perfume of some sort. He doesn't really know what it is himself, but his mother had asked him to apply it often as two times a day.

While Naruto couldn't smell it himself, it's said it hides the scent and makes it so the host smells neutral.

"Hey, we should play again together sometime. You're not half bad and Akamaru here likes you." Kiba stopped at a corner and faced Naruto with a cool expression. Akamaru barked in what seemed to be an agreement with his words.

"For sure, I'm open just call me or I can call you." Naruto smiled and held a fist out for a fist bump, in which Kiba returned.

Kiba returned his arm and smiled at Naruto.

"Well my house is down this street, so see ya later dude!" Kiba waved and turned around walking off with Akamaru.

"See ya!" Naruto waved a farewell and turned to a different street to head home.

On his way home, it had gotten considerably dark but he wasn't afraid of being outside at night. After all, he had faced scarier circumstances.

He passed by many large houses with beautiful lawn's adorned with decorations. The neighborhood was a big change compared to his old neighborhood.

Back in Sunagakure, there were many tall buildings with not much space and people cramped in apartments. Nobody cared for their lawn because there was none.