Chapter 8: Dinner with Uchiha

Later that day

"Father won't be here until tomorrow morning. He had some business to take care of."The sound of a deep voice had announced.

"It's not like he ever manages to have dinner with me." Sasuke shrugged.

He was on the door frame that connected the kitchen, stairs, and living room. He leaned on one side with his arms crossed.

He was already wearing his pajamas since he had just finished taking a shower and his hair was still wet. He wore a black t-shirt along with flannel printed pants, don't forget the black socks.

The other voice had belonged to Itachi: his older brother. He didn't say anything to Sasuke's words and had walked over to sit on a chair. There was no point fighting or responding to his brother's words if they were correct.

Whenever their father wasn't able to make time, Itachi would come visit his younger brother to make sure he was well fed. Of course, he didn't live with them and had his own apartment not too far away. Itachi was 21 and had been training to become a part of the police force.

He had casual clothes on that was a long sleeve black shirt, along with kaki pants. He usually had a stoic expression and had his hair tied in a low pony tail.

"Come sit down and eat. I made enough rice curry for both of us." Itachi urged.

Sasuke nodded and walked over to the chair on the opposite end of Itachi. His plate was already set on the table with rice curry that had penetrated Sasuke's noses.

"This smells really good, did you add anything different from last time?" Sasuke asked. His face had lifted up from the smell, almost as if he could smile.

"No not really, although, Deidara did give me a special kind of spice. He said it was a family secret so he didn't really tell me what it was." Itachi finished.

"You trust anything that guy gives you? He could really just give us gun powder and say it's a special kind of spice, with a proud smile on his face!" Sasuke hesitated to pick up the spoon.

Itachi chuckled.

"He would probably hold his hand to his heart and dramatically fall, if he heard you accuse him of his special spice like that." Itachi didn't deny the potential tricks Deidara could pull, but instead he dug his spoon into the rice curry and took in a bite.

Sasuke watched him, cautiously waiting to see if anything had happened to his older brother. Once a few seconds passed, his hunger took over and he decided to dig into the curry.

Itachi watched as his brother's face brightened up and devoured his plate.

"See, no gun powder. You overreact too much." Itachi expressed a smile.

Sasuke stuck his tongue out at him before continuing to eat.

Both of them continued to eat until their bowls were close to being empty. Itachi finished before his younger brother and decided to wash the bowl along with other dishes that had been sitting there.

"So anything new? How is life treating you?" He asked.

"Nothing too interesting."

"Really? So there really is nothing?"

Sasuke sat in silence for a second as he thought of something. He briefly shook his head and went back to eating.

"You were silent there, you thought of something didn't you?"

"Nope. What about you?"

He did think of something but he wasn't going to tell his older brother. It was something odd that he had chosen to ignore. It had to do with some other guy he had met not too long ago.

Nothing else went wrong except Sasuke was rude as he usually always was to many people. The odd thing was that he gave off a weird scent. Besides the fact, that he just didn't like the vibe he gave off.

Not that many people gave off odd scents, after all most gave off a scent of an alpha, omega, beta, or undecided.

He also decided to keep his distance but due to that, he was stuck to running laps the next time he went to PE. He had already ran into the guy a couple of times that seemed almost too councidental. He tried not to think too much about it.

"Well, I've been getting more training and soon I'm going to have to take the big test. That'll decide if I'm good enough or not." Itachi added. He had finished up the last of the dishes and placed them to dry.

"That's good for you! I believe you can do it." Sasuke sent encouraging words to his brother. He had also gotten up to drop off his bowl at the sink.

Itachi glared at him for a split second and watched as he placed the bowl on the once cleared out sink. Sasuke didn't notice and went on with what he was doing.

"Yeah but I should also get going now. Father should be coming home tomorrow morning, so make sure to tell him about the leftovers. I'll see you around." He wiped his hands on a rag and gathered his stuff. He also put the leftovers in the fridge before leaving.

With that, he left right after he gave Sasuke his farewell.

Sasuke cleaned up a bit and decided to go back to his room. There he checked his phone for anything only to see a message from Karin and another one from Suigetsu.

Karin's message read....

'Hiiiii, how are you? Had dinner yet~'

Suigetsu's message read....

'Did you do math homework? :0'

He decided to leave Suigetsu on read and decided to respond to Karin later.

Sasuke ended up using the bathroom and would lastly decide to go to sleep soon after.

____________

I think I looked over this chapter a few days ago??? So it should be fine so if not then oops.