Chapter 9: So.....

A/N

I've kind of been ignoring that this story exists so I'm sorry for that :3

I've thought about rewriting the entire story because some parts just feel wonky to me. (Not to mention that I sometimes don't even remember what's happened) It's like I can't tell what I want to write sometimes, but I see people really enjoying the story (which is surprising because I get so nervous to see what people have to say) so I just can't bring myself to scrap it. I'll try to work around it and improve as I continue. Ahaha, I think it's crazy that I started this story around 1-3 years ago. I created this account just to post this story since I abandoned my old one. My birthday was a few weeks ago so it's jarring to know how old I am now. 

Anyway, sorry for rambling, enjoy.

__________________

There was sweat in his hair, in his armpits, on his chest, and just about anywhere it could sweat. The sight wasn't pretty nor did it feel pretty, it was all just hot and sticky.

Sasuke panted as he bent over with his hands on his knees.

"...t-this... was a bad.... idea" He struggled to catch his breath the entire time. He had just run 30 laps or so he thought; he lost count after the 15th lap.

In front of him, laid Naruto on the floor as he panted and kept an arm over his eyes to cover the sun. 

Both of them were in P.E. class and their punishment ensued. Mr. Guy had gotten them to run over 30 laps while everyone else decided to have a free day consisting of whatever sport or exercise that involved them moving.

There was also this other student named Rock Lee who wanted to run with both Sasuke and Naruto. He was also the same guy who had run the 30 laps the day before.

He wasn't allowed to as Mr. Guy said it was their punishment so instead he did over 100 push-ups.

The entire time they ran, neither of them exchanged any words but instead pretended that the other one didn't exist.

That was until one of them spoke out.

"Want me to go get us a bottle of water?" Sasuke was the one who spoke out. He had walked over to Naruto's direction and held his hand out for him to grab.

Naruto was surprised and looked up to see Sasuke who offered his hand. His eyes were averted towards the floor with a small pout on his face.

Naruto was confused and gave him a weird look with a raised eyebrow. There was just a sudden switch up out of nowhere.

".... what are you doing?" He asked as he hesitantly took his hand.

Sasuke helped him get back up on his feet and both were now facing to face.

"Just being nice. Don't push it." Sasuke stated. "I'm gonna go get the water bottles. I'll be back."

With that, he left and Naruto just stood there confused.

The day was scorching as it rose up to almost 80° and it was a block day so their classes were longer. Today was not a perfect day to have outdoor classes.

Maybe it was the heat that made him act a fool, or his curiosity to figure out the odd smell that came from the sweaty blond teen. Then again, it might've just been sweat that smelled. Sasuke went inside and got both of them cold water bottles from a fridge that was provided by Mr. Guy for days like this.