nineteen

I woke up the next morning around 10:00, successfully gaining another good night's sleep. It's always nice to get the required amount of sleep every night, and I always try to do that whenever I can. It helps your brain out and gives it a rest for once. I think I'm in deep need of that, especially now a days. I find myself wondering about a lot of things, all the same time, and I think my head needs a break every once in a while.

My eyes opened due to the two specific things I've been waking up to every morning: the warm sunlight peeking through the window curtains, and the sounds of Ashton obnoxiously snoring in my ears. Surprisingly, his arm was still draped over my waist and his face was still snuggled up against my neck, just like how we fell asleep together last night. It was probably the most comfortable state I've been in, in a long time. The feeling of Ashton's soft skin against mine is slowly but surely developing into something that I want all the time. I slept calmly and soundly, and I only have the boy that was still pressed up against me to believe gave me that fully relaxed rest.

Though Ashton was still asleep and limply clingling onto me, I quietly slipped out of his grasp and hopped off the bed. I glanced out the window's view and watched the awaking city forming with cars and pedestrians lining every inch of the concrete below me. I wondered what there was to do today, if there even was anything. I get pretty curious about what Ashton thinks about and what he wants to do each day to help his situation, and I was curious to know what he's thinking about today. I spun back around and looked down at him, who was still snoring away in the mess of sheets and pillows that we made on the bed. He was sprawled out over the entire matress like usual, with his knee bent up and his face now burried in a fluffy white pillow. His mouth hung open and it only closed every few seconds to stop him from drooling. His hair was in it's typical "morning" look of light brown curls that covered his forehead. There's something very nice and inviting about the way Ashton oddly sleeps. It was rather soothing to creepily watch him for 3 minutes straight.

I began to hear the clinking of glass plates in the other room, so I quickly fixed the blankets on the bed so they covered Asthon's body, carefully fluffed his pillow up, and made my way out of the guest bedroom of Calum's apartment. I quite liked Calum already, even though we've only had a few conversations so far. He seemed like an extremely nice guy, and he's been nothing but welcoming to me for the past 24 hours or so. As I shut the door behind me to let Ashton sleep, I spotted Calum in the kitchen putting clean dishes away in cabinents that hung along the walls.

"Good morning," I greeted. Calum turned and met my gaze with a smile.

"Morning!" he said cheerfully, putting the last few dishes away to fully turn and rest his back against the counter. "How'd ya sleep?"

"Really well," I nodded, smiling to myself. I just kept thinking of the way it felt to have Ashton so close to me the whole night with his arm so carefully caressing me. "Thanks again for letting us stay here for a bit."

"It's really no problem," he smiled. "Are you hungry? I've got Froot Loops."

"I love Froot Loops." I laughed. "Sure. Thank you."

I made my way to the fridge to get out the milk when Calum fished through his cabinents and tossed me a full box of the sugared cereal. He told me to make myself at home, and I gratefully took a seat at his little dining table.

"So is it just you here?" I asked, wanting to spark up a conversation with him.

"Yeah," Calum replied as he poured himself a cup of coffee. He walked over to the table as well and took a seat cross from me. "Just me."

"Doesn't it get lonely?"

"Eh. Sometimes. Not really," he shrugged. "I haven't been here that long. I'm not really focusing on finding a roomate or a girlfriend or anything like that to live with. My main goal right now is to keep a roof over my head and fix my life up. You know?"