twenty

"Ashton," I said soflty, sitting down to face his sleeping body. I quite liked knowing he was sleeping and getting some rest, but at the same time I was a little worried. It was past noon and the most he's ever slept in was like, 8:00. He looked to be way down in a deep sleep, snuggled under the covers and snoring away, but at the same time I found it odd that he's been out for this long.

"Ashton, hey," I said a little louder than before. I slid further onto the bed and gave his shoulder a little nudge. I've been up for a while now, spending the morning hanging out with Calum in his living room, so I was already dressed and ready for the day. Calum told me it was probably a good idea to wake Ashton up, since there is apparently a lot of planning to do. "Come on, get up."

It was Wednesday, April 13th. Now, normally this would've been any other normal day for me, but with everything I have been forced into there hasn't really been a normal day in more than a month. I'm kind of used to it...key words, kind of. This is all very different from what I'm supposed to being around - you know, Ashton's life compared to mine - but I'm managing to grasp onto any information that I need in order to go about these next months with confidence. Deep down I have about zero confidence, but I figure at least acting like I have confidence is better than portraying my true and cowardly self.

Okay, I'm starting to get off topic. The fact of the matter is, it's April 13th. Meaning, that little envelope Ashton and I found the night we ran from Drew and kissed each other was finally coming into play. All that little envelope had in it was a note with a date, an address, and a time. That date is today, so I'm aware that something is going to happen tonight and I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for it. I find this all rather interesting, to say the least. Yes, it's pretty dangerous, but Ashton's a smart guy who knows what he's doing. I'm starting to trust him more and more everyday, especially after all these things that he's gotten us out of. That whole "robbery" thing we did last week - completely forgotten. It feels as though that frightening stunt we pulled has been totally dismissed into thin air, for no one's been caught and no one has even spoken of it. Not since Ashton explained his "gun" theory to me. Which is a pretty interesting thing as well, and I've thought about what he said about it a lot.

It's interesting how you can counter people and send them into this state of fear just by pointing a weapon at them and telling them you're going to shoot. I can tell Ashton does it a lot, and I'm surprised that it probably works for him all the time. Then again, Ashton's a pretty manipulative guy, so maybe it's just easy for him.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard Calum's voice in the other room, "Is Ash awake yet?"

"Nope, not yet!" I called back. I then turned to Ashton again and sighed because he still didn't hear me. I swung one of my legs over his body and settled down ontop of his waist. I'm not gonna lie; I didn't have to completely straddle him to wake him up, but I kind of wanted to.

"Ashton!" I said loudly, leaning down and cupping his soft cheeks in my hands. I rested my forehead against his for a few moments, but drew back when he began to chuckle. A smirk formed on his lips and his pretty eyes fluttered open to meet my gaze.

"Morning." Ashton said.

"What's with the chuckle?" I asked suspiciously. Ashton laughed again and took one of my hands off his cheek. He rested our hands on his chest and began to play around with my fingers.

"I've been up for a while," he replied. "I was just waiting until you had to get ontop of me."

"You - are you serious?" I asked.

Ashton just shrugged and brought my knuckles to his lips. "In a good way, though," he said. He pressed a soft kiss to my fingers and intertwined them with his. "But you can stay up there if you'd like. I quite like this."