twenty three

AN: I didn't fully read through this chapter because I wanted to get it up tonight, so if there are some spelling mistakes I apologize :-)

-

Last night I managed to sleep the whole night, even over the sounds of Calum and Michael constantly getting into arguments in the other room. Their discussions weren't about anything serious and I could tell they were just playful, but they were so damn loud I was surprised to have actually fallen asleep.

Ashton slept next to me as he always does, and I made sure that he was actually asleep this time because I was still a little concerned about yesterday. I've never seen Ashton have a nightmare until then, and me being me, I was worried he was going to have one again. So last night I kind of held him in my arms as best as I could, subtly hoping he doesn't have another bad dream. I was kind of bad at handling it the first time, and it probably woulnd't have been any better the second.

And now I was in the backseat of Ashton's grey pick-up truck, thanking God that it was one of the pick-ups that actually have backseats. Some of them don't, and I couldn't imagine what we would have done then, since there would've only been two spots available. Maybe Michael and I would've had to be strapped to the bottom of the trunk outside, as Michael suggested. We have been driving along the freeway for 3 hours already, heading south and towards Miami, Florida. I don't know how far Miami is from here - I've never been there - but I hope it's closer than I think. I was feeling excited about going there, because I've always wanted to see what it's like. It seems like a very pretty and interesting place, and I agreed with Michael when he said he wanted to get to a beach soon. I haven't been to a beach in over a year, I think.

"Can I plug my phone in?" Calum asked Ashton from the passenger seat. While Ashton was driving Calum sat next to him, with Michael and I here in the back. "We need music."

"Hm. Depends," Ashton replied, taking Calum's phone from his hands. He kept looking back and fourth between the screen and the road as he flipped through Calum's music. "Nope."

"Oh fuck, please don't tell me you're still like that," Michael groaned, skining into the leather seat.

"Like what?" Ashton asked.

"All anti-music."

"I am not anti-music!" Ashton exclaimed with a small gasp. "Are you kidding me?"

"You are if it's not the fucking Guns N' Roses." Calum muttered.

"Hey," Ashton snapped, turning his head and whacking Calum on the arm. "They are legendary."

Calum sighed and turned around in his seat, peeking over the top to look at me. "Do you know what I'm talking about?"

"The fact that Ashton only likes music from the last century, yeah," I laughed. "He won't even let me show him some good modern music."

"Because it sucks!" Ashton shouted. "Stubby, shut the fuck up."

"Why are you so difficult?" Michael asked. "I know good modern music too."

"You're all delusional." Ashton stated. "Here, I'll put my music in because it's actually good."

"I refuse." Michael retorted, leaning over to grab Ashton's phone off the dashboard. Ashton yelled at him to get back in his seat and put his seatbelt on, while also trying to get his phone back as well. But all that did was make the car swerve in the middle of the highway, and once Michael sat back with his phone he gave up.

"Ever feel like you're babysitting, Ash?" I laughed, leaning forward rest my chin on the top of Ashton's seat.

"Yes. And it's only been twelve hours with these guys." he chuckled, leaning back to give me a quick kiss on the lips. "Get back in your seat too, Sky. And put your seatbelt on."