Reunited

2015
CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO

The sky was blue. The sun was shining brightly. Tropical birds were flying freely. The turquoise blue sea had big rolling waves perfect for surfers. There was a faint reggae song coming from one of the tiki bars. It was a perfect day for Ramcel and she was dreading it to end.

"Why do you look so miserable?" Ramcel heard a slightly husky voice asked her. She turned to the gorgeous woman sitting right beside her. "You are the grand slam best director. My sister brought you here to celebrate and have fun. And yet, para kang namatayan." The beautiful woman with a heart shaped face and prominent cleft chin shook her head. Clearly she was frustrated with Ramcel. "There are a lot of gorgeous girls around. Why don't you strike a conversation with them?"

"Pris, I'm not in the mood," Ramcel said. "Why don't you go after them yourself?" Pris was like her. They both preferred women.

"I'm not interested too." Pris snorted. Napailing na lang si Ramcel rito. Alam nyang nag-e-enjoy si Pris magsurf but when she's not in the water, she looked lonely too. Kung hindi nito hawak ang camera, bumabalik ang kalungkutan sa mga mata nito. Pris was miserable like her. "Where's my sister?"

"I asked her to get me a watermelon shake," Ramcel answered. Her eyes checked the surrounding to look for Olivia but her friend was nowhere in sight. "Nasaan ang mga kasama mo?"

"Probably walking around taking pictures." Pris drank her Cosmopolitan straight. Isa itong magaling at sought after photographer, who also loved travelling. Kasama nito ang ilang mga photographers din. "I'll take some pictures tomorrow evening. I'll enjoy the beach for now." Tumingin ito sa kanya. "You should too. Huwag mo munang isipin ang pag-uwi mo sa Pilipinas bukas. Bakit ba halos ayaw mong umuwi?"

"You know why." Inirapan ito ni Ramcel.

"Just ignore her," Pris said.

Ramcel glared at her. "Easy for you to say. That's coming from someone who couldn't go home because she's avoiding her ex," she said sarcastically but regretted it when sadness reflected on Pris' eyes. "Sorry."

"It's okay." Pris smiled bitterly. "Tama ka naman eh. I have to stay away from Jessica. I have to do this for myself too so I could totally move on."

Pris fell in love with her bestfriend just like she did with Victoria. Kaso nagpakasal ito sa iba kaya broken hearted si Pris. Kung saang-saang bansa ito pumupunta for photo shoot. Hindi ito nags-stay nang matagal sa Pilipinas.

"I hope I could escape too," Ramcel said and crossed her long legs. She was wearing a black two piece bathing suit while Pris was on a red two piece. Both were sitting on a beach chair overlooking the beach. Some guys carrying surfboards looked at them appreciatively but they both ignored them. If they could just teach themselves to love men instead, their lives would be less complexed. But no, they had to fall in love with straight women, who couldn't love them back.

"Well, you can't," Olivia said and sat on her left side. She looked beautiful on her yellow summer dress. Kamukhang-kamukha nito si Pris. Madalas ang mga itong napagkakamalang kambal. "You have to meet your childhood friends and spend time with them. You promised Jenny. Kaya nga kita pinayagang magbakasyon. And you need this break. You've been working non-stop. As your boss, I'm commanding you to take this vacation."

"Fine!" Ramcel said and rolled her eyes. Iinumin na sana nya ang watermelon shake nang hilain sya ni Pris patayo. "What?"

"Kuhanan mo muna ako ng picture." Inabot sa kanya ni Pris ang Canon camera nito. "Galingan mo ah. It should be Instagram worthy."

"You don't have to say that. I'm a better photographer than you are, remember that," nakapameywang na sabi ni Ramcel.

"I know," Pris said and winked. Kinuha nito ang malaking surfboard saka tumakbo palayo kay Ramcel.