~{ 2 }~

"NEIL! GET BACK HERE!"

Nikki was still chasing Neil down the hallways. Somehow, the tall boy had slightly lost the girl. He approached an emergency exit and kicked the door open, sprinting through it. Nikki had caught up with him and launched on top of him. She pinned him down onto the grass, determined to see Neil's wrists.

"Neil! Quit moving... Please," The magenta-eyed girl pleaded, tears threatening to fall. Neil was crying, a look of pure fear planted on his face.

Nikki gently grabbed his left wrist, pulling down the black sleeve. A blood red, slightly scarred over wound was clearly visible, with his veins somehow still in tact. Tears started to fall from the girl's eyes as she pulled the sleeve down further, revealing more new and old wounds on his pale arm. The green-haired girl was now sobbing, not wanting to look at the scars on Neil's arm.

"Why, Neil?! Why the fuck would you do this?!" She yelled at him, more thick tears running down her face and onto Neil's chest. The tall boy was crying as well, refusing to make eye contact with Nikki. She grabbed both sides of his face, forcing him to make eye contact with her.

"Why were you doing this to yourself, Neil?!" She asked again, another tear running down her face and onto his chest. Neil scoffed and tried to stop the tears from falling out of his ocean eyes.

"Answer me!" She yelled in his face, squeezing the sides of his face tightly, staring right into his soul. The curly-haired boy sighed in defeat. I don't want to tell her, but I have to now. Why didn't I just run away from her when I had the chance?! He thought, scolding himself of his actions he thought of foolish.

"I-I'll tell you, but not h-here," He mumbled, looking away from Nikki's gaze. She sighed and slid off of him. The boy wiped his tears away as he sat up onto the grass. The green-haired girl stood up and offered her hand to help Neil up. He hesitantly took it, and she helped him up off the grass.

"Where you do you feel comfortable telling me at?" Nikki gently asked the tall boy, flashing a small smile for comfort. He thought for a moment, thinking of all the places they could possibly go. Then he thinks of the perfect place.

"The park is okay," he told Nikki, already heading in the direction of the park. He took out his white earbuds and started listening to Khalid, Young, Dumb and Broke.

The girl caught up with the tall boy and motioned to one of the earbuds in his ears. He shrugged and took it out and gave it to her. She placed the earbud in her left ear and listened to this song with him.

"I love this song!" She exclaimed, smiling widely. Somehow, the two completely forgot about the conversation they had before. It was like they were ten again at Camp Campbell, and they talked to each other like nothing had happened.

"I think the park isn't too far from here," Neil told Nikki, slightly anxious about the upcoming events. They soon approached the park and entered it. A large pond laid in the center of the park. Dandelions, roses, sunflowers and any kind of flower you can think of surrounded the pond like it was their god.

We approached the pond and Neil sat down on the flowers. He usually came here often to clear his head. The boy smiled and patted the ground next to him for Nikki to sit down

"I swear I won't judge you or get mad at you for any reason," she promised, smiling at Neil.

"Now, tell me why you did that to yourself," Nikki demanded, sitting on the spot that Neil told her to. The ocean-eyed boy plucked an Anemone from the ground, twirling it around his pointer finger and thumb. He sighed and plucked an Iris from the ground. He intertwined the two flowers' stems together.

"When you and Max got together, I felt... Weird," he replied, searching for a dandelion to add onto his two intertwined flowers.

"What do you mean, you felt 'weird'?" Nikki asked, examining the ground of flowers around the two high-schoolers. She picked up a green Caladium, examining its slight heart-like shape.

"I really don't know. I've been trying to figure it out ever since you two first got together," Neil replied, sighing as he repeated the same process he did before with the flowers.

"Are you jealous?" The green-haired girl asked, chuckling at the thought of Neil being jealous of her and Max's 'relationship'. Neil jumped a bit, and a light crimson blush appeared on his face. He turned where his back was facing Nikki's back so they couldn't see each other, the two pretty much leaning back against one another.

"I haven't thought about that possible reason why I was feeling the way I did," the tall boy answered quickly, plucking more flora from the ground and adding them to his crown of flowers.

"Do... Do you like me, Neil?" Nikki hesitantly asked, starting her very own crown of flowers. Neil was startled by this question.

"What? No, I don't," Neil answered truthfully, his flower crown starting to grow large with flora.

"Well if you were jealous, and you don't like me... Then-" Neil cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

"I like Max."

A/N-

Hello everyone! I had a lot of fun making this chapter! There will be more to come soon! Please like, comment and share this story so this ship gets more love!

Welp, bye peeps! 💜