~{ 16 }~

"C'mon, let's get dried off inside."

"..."

The two boys entered Max's house, drenched in cold rain. The raven haired boy shivered as his red hoodie stuck to his small arms and torso.

"You can go take a shower first if you want," Max told Neil, closing his door and locking it. He turned on all of the lights and flopped down onto his couch, drenching it as well.

"I don't feel like taking one."

Max looked over to the other boy with worry. He still won't tell me what's wrong with him. I guess I'll ask again after I take a shower.

"I'm going to take a shower, okay?"

Max hopped off his couch and trudged upstairs to his bathroom. Neil sighed, sitting down on the couch with tears in his ocean eyes he had been holding back since Max saw him in the flower field. After hearing the water start to run, the brown haired boy released the tears that had been threatening to fall for the past hour.

"Fucking Nikki. She could've fucking told me what the fuck was going on with her fucking head. I told her what was going on with me! But she had to be stupid and slit her fucking wrists-"

Neil stopped himself before he started yelling. Hot tears ran down his face silently.

Suddenly, he came to a realization.

He had shown Nikki his wrists.

She had gotten the idea of slitting her own from Neil. (Not really, this is just what Neil thinks.)

This is all my fault.

Neil could feel his stomach churn and flip. He had nothing else really to vomit, so he took a couple deep breaths to surpress his nausea. Plus, he didn't want to vomit in Max's home.

"Neil? I'm finished. You can go take one now if you want. It's already 12:46," Max said from the stairs, wearing a blue T-shirt and baggy, green pajama pants. Neil looked over to him.

"Shit, Neil. Let me..." Max mumbled, walking over to his coat rack and bringing it over to Neil. He put it on Neil and carefully wrapped an arm around the brunette.

"Look, I suck at talking about feeling and emotions and shit, but what the hell happened between you and Nikki?"

"Nikki... is dead."

Max's heart dropped as a dead silence hung between the two boys.

"You're kidding, r-right?" Max nervously asked, his heart pounding.

"Why the hell would I be kidding about something like this?"

Tears started to appear in Max's eyes as he started to panic.

"Is she r-really... Oh god, Neil, and you saw it too. I'm so f-fucking sorry," he mumbled, tears flowing out of his eyes as he trapped Neil in a tight embrace. The brunette started crying as well.

The two boys spent the next half hour like that before falling asleep in each others' arms.

~~~

"Max? We're back!" A certain redhead exclaimed from the door. Gwen was behind him, carrying their things.

"Eh? Max?" He questioned, noticing Max on the couch sleeping on top of Neil. The raven haired boy had his head laying on Neil's chest.

"Called it,'" Gwen said from behind him. David looked at the two and awed silently as he walked inside. Gwen followed, shutting and locking the door behind her.