~{ 20 }~ Final

What was going on?

Max whimpered as Neil kept his hand over his eyes, leading him away from the loud screams and bawls from the students and teachers. A few kids had probably recorded her falling and were probably going to post it online, so the entire school could be reminded of such a tragedy over and over. Tabii's screams echoed in his eardrums, playing on repeat, drowning out all other sounds that were around him. It wasn't like he was devastated, like how her family and close friends would be, it was mostly how she screamed. Those piercing shrieks that felt like they were jabbing knives into your ears. And how they brought back fresh memories of how Neil screamed after Nikki had died.

"-ax! Max!" Neil shook Max's shoulders, and the raven haired boy hadn't even noticed he had moved his hands away from blocking his view. "Why... Did you cover my eyes?" Max mumbled.

"I figured- that you wouldn't want to see it," Neil cried, a couple tears running down his face. He didn't like Tabii, but that didn't mean that he wouldn't be shaken up by her sudden death, and right in front of him too. It reminded him too much of Nikki's death, even though she was technically back, the image of her in that state had permanently carved itself into his brain, scarring him for the rest of his life.

Max gulped and noticed a few ambulances and police cars had arrived, rushing to Tabii's more than likely soulless body, which the two couldn't see from where they were standing. The raven haired boy squeezed Neil's shoulder tightly, then he wrapped an arm around his shoulder.

"Let's go to my place," since you have nowhere else to go, "maybe we can tell my da- David about what happened after he wakes up." Neil nodded silently. So much had happened in the span of about a week that he couldn't keep track of it.

First, Neil had told Nikki about his wrists and his crush on Max.

~"I like Max."~

Secondly, Max overheard them after arriving at their house.

~"Guys?"~

Then, Nikki told Max that Neil liked him, and she told Neil that she told him that Nurf liked him.

~"It's Neil. He likes you."~

Max severely embarrassed himself over the phone with Neil.

~"W-what the hell just happened?"

"What the fuck did I just do?"~

Neil lied to Nikki about what happened on the phone, Nikki being thrown up on by Preston.

~"Ah, shit. I need a change of clothes now."~

Max looked back at some old photos of him and Neil after having a nightmare.

~"Hehe, I fell asleep on him that night."~

Neil found the message written on the bathroom mirror, which still disturbed him to this current day, and had Max come to the school.

~"I'm coming over there. Just stay wherever you are, okay?"

"O-okay. Bye."~

Tabii took a picture of them and blackmailed Neil into "dating her".

~"Seriously? Blackmail? Fuck you, Tabii."~

Neil was forced to have his first kiss with Tabii, angering Max.

~"Kiss me~"~

The two boys almost had their first kiss after watching Child's Play, which was rudely interuppted by Tabii calling them.