~{ 8 }~

"Fuck you."

"Language!"

"Ugh. Whatever," Max mumbled, wanting to hang up the phone and not have to listen to David's annoying voice.

"Well, anyway, have you done your homework, Max?" David chirped over the phone. The raven-haired boy rolled his eyes, even though he knew that David couldn't see him.

"Nope," he replied simply, popping the "p" and smirking then glancing over to the untouched homework laying on his desk. He could hear the redhead gasp over the phone.

"Maxwell! Go and do your homework this instant! Wait... Shouldn't you be at school right now?" David asked suspiciously.

"Nope. We totally got the day off," Max lied, not caring if David believed him or not. He sighed, jumping onto his bed and putting his ocean coloured phone on speaker, so he didn't have to hold it up to his ear.

"Okay! Sorry to cut it short, but I have to meet up with someone today. Please go and do your homework! Love you!" David chirped, audibly smiling over the phone (yes it's possible because it's David).

"Love you too," the short boy told David accidentally. He realized his mistake and quickly hung up the phone. He blushed in embarrassment, wanting to yell at David not to look too deeply into that. He laid down on his bed, shutting his eyes closed and relaxing all his muscles.

He then rubbed his temples as a sharp pain exploded throughout his head. Another headache. Max thought bitterly, heading towards his door to leave his bedroom.

He arrived at his kitchen and took a couple of pills David used, trying to get rid of his massive migraine. The raven-haired boy trudged into his living room, flopping onto his couch. He immediately regretted doing his previous actions as an intense pain hit him in his head from moving his head too much.

"Agh!" He exclaimed, putting both his hands to his head, wanting the pounding in his head to stop. It was so much he even started tearing up a bit. The short boy rushed into his kitchen, then another shock of pain rung through his head.

⚠️Gore warning ahead⚠️

Squeezing his eyes shut, he held onto his head for dear life like it would pop off if he removed his hands from it. He stumbled over his own feet, accidentally bumping into one of his shelves.

Shatter!

A small plate shattered into sharp pieces as it hit Max's head. Crimson blood ran down his face with small droplets falling onto the kitchen floor. A smile grew on the bleeding boy as he picked a large, skin-piercing piece of the plate from his head.

His smile grew as he jammed it into his forehead, more blood squirting out onto his red hoodie, although not showing because his sweater was a blood-red colour. Blood dripped out of his mouth as his smile stayed on his face. Max's smile faded as everything around him turned black.

⚠️Gore warning over⚠️

"AH!" The turquoise-eyed boy screamed, his eyes snapping open. Hot tears ran down his face as he let out a sigh of relief. Just another fucking nightmare. He thought, reflexively covering his face as more tears fell from his bloodshot eyes.

Sitting up, he tried to wipe the tears away but more kept falling onto his bedsheets. He picked his phone up and read that it was currently 8:57 A.M.. He unlocked his phone and scrolled through his pictures. Max didn't know why he was doing this. Maybe just to distract himself from the nightmare he just had?

He came across a picture of him and Neil at his house. In the picture, Max was smiling and sticking his tongue out. Neil was behind him, half of his face buried in the raven-haired boy's floofy hair with his arms wrapped around Max's neck, and his eyes were closed. They were both sitting on his bed.

~Flashback to the day the picture was taken~

The brown-haired boy's eyes were closed, so he didn't know that the short boy just took picture of the two. Suddenly, Max heard soft snoring coming from the boy leaning on him.

Sighing, the raven-haired boy carefully spun himself around, so he was facing Neil with the sleeping boy's arms still wrapped around his neck. He lightly pushed the ocean-eyed boy back onto his bed with his head buried in the tall boy's chest. Inhaling his scent, Max moved his face into the crook of Neil's neck. His eyes slowly closed as everything around him faded away into the darkness.

~End of flashback~

"Hehe, I fell asleep on him that night," Max mumbled, grinning like an idiot. He sighed happily as his finger continued scrolling through his photos. He came across another picture of him and Neil.

They were at the tall boy's house in this picture. The two were playing a video game on Neil's new Xbox. In the picture, Max looked angry while the ocean-eyed boy was behind him giving him bunny ears and teasing him because he beat him at the game they were playing.

~Flashback to the day the picture was taken~

"Haha!" Neil exclaimed, rubbing his victory in Max's face. The raven-haired boy scowled and glared at the tall boy. The ocean-eyed boy kept teasing him until the short boy snapped. Max shoved Neil onto the bed, climbing onto him and straddling him.

"M-Max?! What are you-" he was interrupted by a pillow being stuffed in his face. Max giggled under his breath and held down the pillow. Finally, he pushed the pillow off of the out of breath boy. The brown-haired boy took deep breaths with his eyes wide in shock.

"Hehe," Max giggled softly, calming Neil's nerves. It was a rare sight to see the short boy smile, especially laughing genuinely. Still slightly out of breath, the brown-haired boy sat up and hugged Max.

The raven-haired boy had no clue why, but a deep crimson blush appeared on his face, and he tried to hide it by burying his face in Neil's shoulder. Little did he know, the tall boy noticed his blush.

~End of flashback~

Blushing, Max scrolled to the next pictures and continued looking through his past. A certain picture caught his attention. In this picture, Neil was the one taking the picture of them. He had his arm wrapped around Max's neck with a small smile. Eyes half-lidded, the raven-haired boy had on a warm smile and was leaning onto Neil. This day was a memorable one.

~Flashback to the day the picture was taken~

"Max?" Neil asked, slowly opening the door. Max was sitting on his bed, sobbing his eyes out from a horrific nightmare he just had. The raven-haired boy was caught off guard by this and quickly covered his face in embarrassment.

"Have you been crying?"

"..."

Here comes the teasing. Max thought, hugging his knees tighter and burying his head in them. Suddenly, he felt warm, comforting arms wrap around him in a tight embrace. He looked up to see Neil trying to console him by hugging him.

Max forgot about his strict rules about not being vulnerable, and he hugged the tall boy back tightly. He let all the tears that he had held in for so long fall onto his best friend's shoulder.

"Shh. It's okay," Neil whispered, rubbing Max's back consolingly. The short boy was strangely calmed down by this. Neil sat in between Max's legs, hugging the raven-haired boy's torso. Max wrapped his legs around the ocean-eyed boy's back, gripping onto him for dear life.

"If you don't mind me asking, why were you crying?" Neil asked gently, still rubbing the crying boy's back. Max wiped some of his tears away, not sure if he wanted to tell the brown-haired boy the truth or not. He had a quick debate with himself and decided to tell him.

After telling him everything, the nightmares and the headaches, he sighed into the tall boy's shoulder. Suddenly, Neil grabbed Max by the shoulders and smashed his lips against the raven-haired boy's.

A/N-

Hello everyone! Author-Kunn present! This has to be my favorite chapter so far and the longest one too of 1,448 words! MUAHAHAHA I feel evil for stopping this chapter here. Also school starts tomorrow YaY. I won't be able to write as often as I do now because of school so please don't yell at me. Oh yeah did I mention I wrote this chapter literally a week before it was due. Ya YeEt

Welp, bye peeps! 💜