~{ 3 }~

"Seriously?! That's so fucking stupid!"

Max groaned and slammed his pencil on his desk, refusing to do his math homework. He gave his homework the middle finger and flopped onto his bed, bored as hell.

"Max! Have you finished your homework yet?" The raven-haired boy could hear David yell from downstairs. He groaned and debated on if he should sneak out or actually do his homework. Being Max, of course he snuck out.

"God, homework is so stupid," he mumbled to himself, walking down the street as the sun started setting behind the trees. The short boy thought it was gorgeous how the sun was setting, but he would never admit that to anyone. He sighed in relief and stared at the beautiful sight, admiring its blood-red glow fading into a peaceful yellow.

He decided to take a quick snapshot of the moment. The boy's phone was a nice, ocean-blue colour. A quick but skillful snapshot was taken by the raven-haired boy of the sun slowly setting behind the trees.

"I'm saving this," Max told himself, smiling genuinely at the picture on his phone. He saved it and continued to walk down the sidewalk. After a few minutes of walking, he started to become bored. Suddenly, a small, milky white snowflake gracefully landed on Max's nose, startling the boy.

"The hell?!" He practically yelled, shaking the snowflake off of his nose. It fell off and landed on the ground. The raven-haired boy stared at the snowflake in confusion. For the third time today, he was alone feeling extremely perplexed at what just happened. He aimed his attention towards the sky. More milky white snowflakes of all sizes started gracefully falling from the grey clouds.

"IT ISN'T WINTER YET YOU DUMBASSES, IT'S FUCKING SPRING!" He screamed at the sky, furious that it was snowing during spring. He checked his phone and observed that it was currently 87 degrees Fahrenheit outside. That just made Max more confused and angry. He decided to Facetime Nikki and talk to her about what was happening.

Ring...

Ring...

"Hey, Max!" The green-haired girl exclaimed quite nervously. She looked troubled about something.

"Do you see what is happening outside?? It's fucking crazy!" The raven-haired boy exclaimed, showing Nikki the snow that was falling around him.

"Yea! Remember when the same thing happened at Camp Campbell? I'm pretty sure one of our counselors said that it was Global Warming or something," she replied, looking around her room. It seemed like she was looking at something. Max raised an eyebrow at her actions.

"What are you looking at?" He asked the girl, confusion in his words. Nikki gasped and turned her attention towards her phone.

"Nothing!" She yelled quickly, flashing a fake smile and attempting to cover up what she was just looking at. The raven-haired boy stared at her suspiciously.

"Who are you talking to, Nikki?" A familiar voice asked from the other side of the line, confusion in his voice. Max couldn't see who it was that asked that but could tell by his voice.

"I'm just talking to Max~," Nikki cooed, singing the word 'Max'. The short boy could hear the other person gasp softly.

"H-hey, Max!" Neil exclaimed, showing his smiling face on Max's screen. A shade of pink blush was tinted on the apples of his cheeks. The turquoise-eyed boy smiled slightly at the sight of one of his best friends.

"Hey Neil. What are you and Nikki doing together?" Max asked, raising an eyebrow. His raven-hair was now covered with white snowflakes, so was his red hoodie and phone.

"Hold on. I've gotta get out of this damned snow. Is it okay if I come over to your house, Nikki?" Max asked, pulling his red hood up to protect his head from the falling snow. Nikki thought for a moment. She looked over at Neil.

"Sure. I don't really care," the tall boy told her, shrugging his shoulders.

"Okay. You can sneak in through my window," Nikki told me, smiling.

"I'll be there in, like, two minutes," the short boy told the both of them.

"Okay. Bye!" Nikki exclaimed, waving her hand at the screen.

"Bye, Max," Neil simply said, giving a peace sign then walking away to Nikki's desk.

"See ya soon guys," Max quickly told them, hanging up and stuffing his phone inside his hoodie. He started towards his 'girlfriend's' house, the freezing snow falling onto his hoodie, soaking it.

"What the hell am I going to do, Nikki?!" Neil yelled as soon as the phone call ended. He was freaking out because Max was coming over and was probably going to ask why they were hanging out without him.

"We can just tell him you were tutoring me on our upcoming math test!" Nikki suggested, slightly freaking out as well. The ocean-eyed boy thought for a moment.

"Okay, we can tell him that. Please don't tell anyone the things we talked about at the park," Neil begged, not wanting anyone to know about his wrists.

"Did you really think I was going to? Of course I won't tell anyone. But is it okay if Max knows?" Nikki asked without thinking. Neil gave her a surprised look.

"No! He can't know that I like h-"

"Guys?" The two could hear Max ask from outside the window. Neil started sweating, thinking that Max overheard their conversation.

"I c-can explai-"

"I'll go," Max mumbled, jumping off the window frame and onto the snowy grass below.

A/N-

Hello everyone! I literally made this chapter on the spot. I had another plan in mind, but this falls perfectly into my plan. Next chapter will truly be interesting! Once again, please like, comment and share this story so the ship gets the love and attention it deserves!

Welp, bye peeps! 💜