Present Day: Hyunjoon

"Ba-by!" Jaehyun called out in English.

Hyunjoon couldn't help the smile that formed on his face. He turned around in his seat and received his usual morning kiss from his beloved. Jaehyun gingerly held his face before planting a kiss on his forehead.

"How's my angel this morning? Did anyone give you trouble? I'll fire them on the spot." said Jaehyun with a mischievous grin.

"No. I can handle problems just fine, love." Hyunjoon replied then turned his attention back to the computer screen.

Jaehyun gave his shoulders a squeeze before walking away. Hyunjoon sighed in content. His life was great. Sure, the group of friends he had was now broken up and everyone was busy doing their own thing. He still kept in touch with a few, but he mostly kept in touch with Juyeon.

"How long has it been since that barbecue for Hak...? Two years?" Hyunjoon muttered to himself.

He didn't know nor did he remember much of what happened that night. The last thing he remembered was dancing wildly with Haknyeon and getting a bit naughty in the process. Hyunjoon shook his head and tried focusing on his desk work. He and Jaehyun would be celebrating their one year anniversary soon and he needed to think of something to surprise him with.

허현준

Hyunjoon rubbed his eye as he helped a coworker figure something out. Apparently he was know as the tech guy and people would flock to him for help.

"And done. It should work properly." said Hyunjoon with a smile.

"It does! Thank you so much. The CEO hired a good guy this time around." she said with a grin.

"You flatter me..." Hyunjoon said, feeling a bit awkward.

"You deserve it. Ever since you got here, you've done nothing but work hard and help others. You deserve a raise." she said.

"Thank you for your kind words. I'm going to head back now." he said before walking off.

He still wasn't used to the praise his coworkers gave him. They looked at him as if he was some kind of idol. There were plenty of people in the world who could do what he did and some could do it better. He sighed quietly then noticed Jaehyun walking down the hall with his assistant in tow.

He couldn't tolerate her. She was a complete asshole to everyone in the workplace. No matter how many times he tried getting Jaehyun to understand that, he always brushed it off as him being jealous. Hyunjoon calmed himself down then headed towards the stairs. He planned to wait and catch her in the act to get damning proof.

허현준

Hyunjoon stretched out as it started to get late out. He decided to head home early in order to get a head start on dinner. He powered his monitor and computer down before packing up and heading to Jaehyun's office.

"My angel~" Jaehyun said happily in English.

"I'm heading home early to start dinner. Is there anything you need me to do before going home?" asked Hyunjoon curiously.

"There's a package waiting at Ma's. Could you pick it up for me? I know it's asking a lot..." said Jaehyun with sorry eyes.

"I'm only doing this because I love you. Your mom us the worst..." Hyunjoon spat before leaving.

"I'm really sorry! I'll make it up to you." Jaehyun shouted.

허현준

Hyunjoon locked the door then changed into his slippers. He placed the package on the coffee table then headed straight for the kitchen. He promptly washed his hands before taking out ingredients to cook with.

"We need to go shopping..." he muttered as their fridge was starting to look barren.

He happily hummed a song while cutting up vegetables. They had started living together a few months ago back when he had lost his previous job due to unfair reasons. Jaehyun had happily taken him in and provided for him. Even now Jaehyun had given him a spot in his company. Hyunjoon swore it would only be temporary and would find a new job so both of their positions wouldn't be jeopardized if someone found out they were dating.

Hyunjoon hissed as he had slightly cut his finger. He put the rest of the meat in the pot before rinsing off his cut. His ears perked up at the sound of the front door opening and closing. Jaehyun was back. He turned off the water then hurried to the front door.

"You're back earlier than expected. What happened?" Hyunjoon asked as he stepped aside for Jaehyun.

"I couldn't let you do all the work. Look, you even cut yourself." Jaehyun said then gently kissed Hyunjoon's cut.

Hyunjoon's face flushed at the gesture. It was little things like this that made Hyunjoon fall harder for him. Jaehyun smiled softly before stripping on his way to the bedroom. Hyunjoon felt his phone vibrate and was surprised to see a strange number text him.

"'I know what you did two years ago.'? What kind of joke is this?" Hyunjoon muttered before blocking the number.