Changes

Hyunjoon quietly worked and easily ignored the stack of papers Jaehyun had slapped onto his desk. Jaehyun lingered by his desk, knowing full well Hyunjoon could see him. Hyunjoon took the stack and started to go through it, ignoring Jaehyun's presence.

"My office. Now." said Jaehyun before walking away.

A few coworkers looked at Hyunjoon with worry as he was never one to get into trouble. A few whispered "good luck" to him as he followed behind Jaehyun. He stepped into the office then discreetly winced at the slamming of the door.

"I'm not happy." said Jaehyun as he leaned against his desk.

"Because I stayed over at a friend's and didn't tell you? Then proceeded to skip work? Yeah, I'd be upset too." said Hyunjoon with a slightly annoyed look. "And before you say anything, yes, I do know you can fire me at any given moment and kick me out of the apartment. Now continue."

Jaehyun sighed then gave him a tired look. It was a look he was all too familiar with when they argued.

"Joon, I'm not trying to be possessive nor controlling, but when you suddenly disappear without at a warning..." said Jaehyun with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't think. You know this." said Hyunjoon as he kept a straight face.

"I know... I'm just worried you might be seeing someone behind my back. I do trust you, but with your sudden disappearances..." Jaehyun said as he moved closer to Hyunjoon. "It's starting to waver."

Hyunjoon gently pecked his lips then smiled.

"I love you and only you. I wouldn't do something that unsightly." Hyunjoon said before going in for a kiss.

Jaehyun held him close and relished in his lover's warmth that he had dearly missed. Hyunjoon pulled away then wiggled out of his arms.

"I actually got a call back from the school. I'm in." said Hyunjoon happily.

"Really? That's..." said Jaehyun happily before trailing off.

It meant Hyunjoon would be packing his things and leaving when he had enough to rent his own place again. It meant no more falling asleep in each other's arms and waking up in a tangled mess. It meant no more just being silly together whenever they felt like it.

"Don't look so upset. It'll be like nothing changed. Plus, I'm sure you'd like your space back." Hyunjoon said softly.

"Joon, are you really going to move out...?" asked Jaehyun worriedly.

"Well, I don't have to, but don't you feel a bit... cramped?" asked Hyunjoon.

"We could get a bigger place." Jaehyun suggested quickly.

"Could we afford it...? Renting isn't cheap you know." countered Hyunjoon. "Either way, I'm not moving anytime soon, so don't worry about it. However, I will be quitting soon since they need me in next week."

"Really, I'm glad to hear you're starting anew." Jaehyun said cheerily.

Hyunjoon smiled then left his office. He glanced back and wondered when Jaehyun started feeling insecure about their relationship. Was it a sign? He wasn't sure what to do as there wasn't much to go off of. He kept it at the back of his mind just in case.

허이이허

Juyeon sat in a chair as he watched the scene play out. Something felt off. He checked over the script then looked at the acting. Their jokes were dry. He nudged the director who in turn yelled cut.

"What is it?" asked the director.

"The jokes aren't enough. Have them do dad jokes." said Juyeon as he set out to make changes to all scripts.