Chapter 1

"Are you sure you don't want me to kill him? I have a hammer. You know my dad taught me what to do, and he's good at what he does." Crís asks from the couch.
"No, Crís. It's fine. This was bound to happen eventually." I reply, moving away from the box I was unpacking. "Besides, if they want to be together, let them be."
"Why was it bound to happen? You are amazing and he doesn't deserve you." Crís replies, throwing his feet up on the coffee table.
"Because I was not spending enough time with him. You know ballet takes a lot of my time. And homework does too."
"You shouldn't have to spend every moment with him for him to not cheat. He's just an asshole. You deserve better anyways."
"That's not how he sees it. I just wish I would've left the first time I found out. Not waited to find him in bed with some puta sucia."
"Wait, why didn't you tell me sooner? I'll kill him." Crís exclaims, standing up and grabbing his coat.
"Crís. Stop. They deserve each other." I say, grabbing his hand. "I didn't think that it would matter because I didn't want to believe it. It was just kind of always there in the back of my mind."
"No! That asshole is going to pay for what he did to you! When your dad finds out, I'm going to be the least of his worries." Crís roars, smacking his hand in the table, his face turning red.
I jump a little at the sound of his hand on the table. "Crís, my dad is not gonna find out. I'll just tell him we broke up. I won't give him the details." I sigh and push my hair out of my face. "It's not like I could've done anything about it. Cheaters always cheat."
"Not to you!" Crís says. "You've never done anything wrong. You don't deserve this. You're a good person. And you love my dog more than me sometimes. Claro que hombre puta doesn't see that. I'll make him see that."
"Crís. Can't we just have one nice dinner before Midterms and spring break? We can get drunk as fuck and forget all about this after Midterms."
"Fine." Crís sighs, making up his mind to go out and find him later and kick his ass. "Let's get you moved in."
———————————————————————————
Later that night
"Thanks for dinner, Crís." I say, yawning.
"You're welcome, dulce." Crís smiles, putting the plate in the dishwasher.
"I'm gonna lay down. You gonna be okay putting the last of these dishes away?"
"Yeah, I got it."
"Thank you." I reply, stretching up to kiss his cheek.
"Goodnight." Crís replies, hugging her.
"Night." I reply, hugging back. "If you go out tonight, will you get some of that ice cream I like?" I ask sleepily before going to my room and going to bed.
"Yeah." Crís replies. He finishes cleaning and makes sure Mia is asleep before heading out to her ex's house.
"What the hell are you doing here? Mia isn't here." Drew asks, looking at Crís on the other side of the door.
"Yeah I know." Crís replies, landing a punch across Drew's face.
"What the fuck? Why did you do that?"
"You asshole! You think you can get away with doing that to her?" Crís roars, pushing drew inside the house and laying another punch.
"So what? It's not like you two weren't fucking? I was just letting her know what she could've had." Crís sees red as he pins Drew down and lays punch after punch.
"Stay the fuck away from her. I also suggest you don't go to the cops." Crís spits, kicking Drew in the stomach before making his way home.
"Drew?" A female voice yells from the kitchen. "Who's at the door?"
Crís makes his way back home, nursing his bruised and split hand. Once home he washes his hands of the blood and gets a beer.
"Hey. I thought I heard you come in. Did you get that ice cream?"
"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you. No I forgot." Crís replies, trying to hide his hands.
"It's okay. I needed to get up, gotta shower you know? I can get some tomorrow."
"Yeah." Crís replies.
"Are you okay? Is that blood on your shirt?"
"Uh, no." Crís replies, taking off his shirt and throwing it in the trash.
"Okay. Well, I'm gonna take shower. Goodnight." I reply, walking back into my room.
"Okay, I'm heading to bed. Goodnight." Crís replies, heading toward his room.
"Crís?"
"Yeah?"
"Thank you."
"For what?" Crís asks, confusion written over his face.
"For being you. For being my best friend. For helping me when I needed it. You're a good friend."
"Always." Crís replies, making his way over to me, and pulling me in for a hug, my head tucking under his chin.
"I'm not gonna pretend like I don't know what you did."
"I couldn't let him get away with it."
"That's why you're a good friend. Remember in middle school when there was a bee? You saved my life that day." I laugh, looking up at Crís.
"Of course I do. You're a big baby." Crís laughs, planting a kiss on my head.
"I thought it was trying to kill me. I now know that it wasn't."
"Yeah, yeah." Crís laughs, pulling away.
"Get some sleep. We have midterms tomorrow, and I'm not responsible if you fail."
"Goodnight."