Chapter 2

"How long is this flight?" I ask, anxious. I hate airplanes.
"6 hours." Crís replies, kicking his feet up in the private plane.
"Why couldn't we drive back?"
"Because it's a 45 hour drive, and I'm not about to waste two days of my spring break in a car."
"Can I at least have a snack?"
"Dude, the kitchen is right there. I'm not getting up." Crís replies, putting in his headphones and turning on Netflix.
I better not die. I think to myself, getting up and going to the kitchen to get a snack. I'm about to walk back to my seat when the plane hits turbulence. Maybe I should just stay on the floor for the rest of the flight.
"What are you doing?" Crís laughs, picking me up and carrying me to the chair.
"I fell. I just wanted a cheese stick, and then there was turbulence and the plane shook, and I thought I would be safe on the floor."
"Nah, you know you're safe in my arms though." Crís winks at me. I just giggle as he sets me back in my seat.
"I'm gonna try to sleep, wake me up when we get there." I say, grabbing the blanket and wrapping myself up.
"Girl, you can sleep anywhere."
"It's a gift."
"Your dad does it too."
"Like I said. A gift."I say yawning, stretching and finally getting comfortable.
"Whatever." Crís laughs. "Get some sleep so you are well rested and we can party it the fuck up."
"You always take good care of me." I reply, stretching my legs. "These seats are so small."
"Eh, they aren't bad."
"Says you. You don't have to stretch all the time." I move around for a bit, and close my eyes.
"Whatever." Crís laughs, putting back in his earbuds restarting his show.
———————————————————————————
6 hours later
"Land!" I exclaim, getting off the plane.
"You are so dramatic." Crís laughs, leading me to the car.
"I spent 6 hours in a death trap that flies. I'm allowed to be. Now hurry up, you have the keys and I want fries."
"You're being a baby."
"Your favorite baby. If it'll help, I can cry if you don't take me to get food."
"Nah, if you start crying I am leaving."
"Right, well it's a two hour drive, so hurry up. This alcohol isn't gonna drink itself. You know what we should do?"
"What should we do?" Crís asks, pulling off the tarmac.
"We should go to Vegas on our last day of spring break! We are old enough to go."
"Or we could just go straight to Vegas."
"No. Let's wait. I want to see Nate, and my parents. And I'm sure the better part of my break will be spent with you guys anyway."
"Fine. You going to tell your dad about Drew?"
"I told you. I'll tell him we broke up. That's all that anybody needs to know. I saw what you did to his face."
"Well, if it happens to slip out I'm not going to apologize."
"If it slips out, I won't be mad. But you realize both of our dads are going to Connecticut and commit murder, right? There is only so much that a lawyer can do."
"Eh, they'll get away with it. You do realize who my dad is right?"
"I know who your dad is. I also know Drew. Someone is gonna go to jail, either him or our dads."
"Whatever." Crís stops the conversation, not having the will to argue.
"Arby's. Stop at Arby's."
"Kay."
"Do you want to just use the drive thru? It would probably be faster."
"Sure."
"Okay! I got mine, do you know what you want?"
"Yeah, same as always."
"Why is the line so long? I'm hungry as hell."
"Stop complaining. I could just drive away."
"No. I want Arby's." I say, pouting at him.
"Then stop complaining."
"It's our turn! Finally! I thought I was gonna die!"
Crís orders the food pulling through the window and getting the food. They get back on the road.
"Have you thought about where you're gonna go after graduation?" I ask.
"Probably back home to start working with Dad."
"I'm thinking Arizona, maybe. Somewhere sunny."
"Nice."
"Yeah. There's only so much you can do with a Sociology degree when you're a ballerina in your free time."
"Maybe you should have considered that before going with sociology." Crís laughs, eating a fry.
"I wanted to study Sociology. It's the dance thing. I'm not gonna give it up until I have too. Maybe I should've gone with hip hop or something."
"Then just do it in your free time."
"I could teach! I could teach ballet to kids!"
"Doesn't pay much."
"Why don't I just get in the garbage with my hopes and hopes and dreams then?"
"Don't act like an ass. You are looking for sympathy and you aren't going to get it." Crís replies.
"I'll get it from my mom. You only show me sympathy when I'm physically hurt. Just like my dad."
"I show you sympathy for emotional shit too. I'm just not going to sit here and listen to you complain about the choices you have made for yourself."
"You majored in what? Business and entrepreneurship? Doesn't that have to do with accounting?"
"Well, I have my future lined out. I'm going to take over the family business and marry a hot chick and have some kids."
"I don't know what I'm gonna do. It depends on the person I guess. How many kids are you gonna have?"
"I don't know. At least 2 I don't want to have one be an only child that shit is lonely."
"Why do think my brother is 10? Too bad I couldn't blame stuff on him growing up. That's what you were for." I giggle and look down at the text I just got.
"Yeah. Yeah."
"My dad wants us to meet them at your parents place. I guess we are all going out for dinner. It's probably gonna be fancy."
"Sounds good." Crís says, heading toward his house. He pulls up and parks.
"Daddy!" I exclaim getting out of the car and going to hug him. "Mom! I missed you guys! Where's Nathan?"
"Inside. You two need to go get dressed. Our reservation is at 7." My mom says, ushering is inside. Crís and I go and change but not before exchanging a few jokes. We both come out and get in our respective cars with security and make our way to the restaurant.