Chapter 4

"Wake up, Mia!"
"Where am I?" I gasp, shooting up.
"Vegas, baby." Crís winks and smirks.
"Fuck yes!" I exclaim, hopping out of the car.
"My parents made the hotel reservations so we have to go check in, and then we can party."
"Let's go!" I yell, pulling him with me.
"We gotta go check in! I can leave you here and come back if you want."
"You're going to leave me somewhere where I can get abducted?"
"Then come with me, you big, dramatic baby."
"You didn't say please." I smile.
"I'm going." Crís exclaims, walking away.
"No wait! Okay I'll come with you! Just please don't leave me here."
"Then you better hurry up." Crís replies, still walking.
"Okay." I reply, taking a running start and jumping up on his back.
"Fuck, Mia. You almost knocked me over." Crís laughs, pulling my thighs higher on his waist.
"I don't weigh that much!" I laugh, securing my legs around his waist, and wrapping my arms around him.
"I know, but you surprised me." Crís laughs, keeping his hands secure on my thighs.
"I'm full of surprises!"
"I know."
"Now let's go check in so I can shower and then drown in shots!"
"Sounds like a fucking plan. Maybe we should shower together it'll be quicker." Crís grins back at her.
"In your dreams, Buddy." I laugh.
"Okay, I have the keys." Crís says, holding up the two keys.
"Of course your parents wouldn't pick a hotel with modern technology. I'm gonna lose an actual key. A key card I can keep in my purse. This thing? I'm gonna lose it.
"Get over it."
"Let's go so I can shower and we can hit the strip!"
"Are you sure you don't want me to shower with you?"
"I'm sure!"
"Lame." Crís laughs, taking off his shirt and throwing himself at the bed. "Guess we are sharing a bed."
"No, you're sleeping on the floor. I am not about to let another man push me off the bed."
"Like hell I am. You can take the floor if it's that big of a deal."
"Okay! But I'm taking your pillow."
"You can take all but one."
"Deal."
"Hurry up and shower."
"I'm going!" I reply taking my toiletries out of my bag as well as a T-shirt and shorts.
"Finally!" Crís groans, from his spot on the bed, as Mia comes out of the bathroom.
"Eyeliner takes a while to do, and the mirror was foggy. Now let's go!"
"Yes!" Crís tells, jumping out of bed and pulling on his shorts and a tank top.
"Hurry up, I wanna get there before happy hour ends. Even though there's another one at 9, I want to get as many discounted drinks as possible!"
"Why do we have to worry about discounts?" Crís laughs.
"Because unlike you, I'm a cheap hoe."
"Drinks are on me." Crís says, smacking his card down on the bar top.
"Can I get a triple shot of everclear and and a bud?" I say to the bartender.
"You are nasty." Crís laughs, ordering a tequila shot.
"You need to get on my level, lightweight."
"Who do you think is going to be carrying you home?"
"Not you if I'm lucky." I wink before downing my shot.
"Oh damn!" Crís laughs, taking shots with me.
"Now go mingle! That brunette has been eyeing you since we walked in!"
"She's hot. Maybe I'll fuck her in the bathroom and then go after that blond over there."
"Get you some!" I reply, smacking Crís on the ass as he walks away.
"Hey now, hands above the waist." Crís winks, heading over to talk to the brunette.
"Mr. bartender! Let me get another shot!"
"Totally fucked that girl in the bathroom." Crís smirks, making his way back over to me.
"Good for you! You use a condom? She could have diseases. And don't want any pregnancy scares."
"Obviously." Crís rolls his eyes. "Have you found anyone you are into yet?"
"No. Maybe I'm just not drunk enough. I need to pee." I say, downing my beer and getting up. "Save my seat."
"Yeah, for sure." Crís replies, ordering another shot.
"Hey Mr bartender. The guy that I came in with, where is he?" I ask.
"I don't know, Miss. He was here and then he left."
"Well if you see him again, will you tell him I'm going to a different bar?"
"Alright." The bartender tells me before giving a girl her drink.
I walk around the strip looking for a bar. None of them seem to catch my attention so I go inside a casino. I sit down at the bar the bartender comes over to me. "We are a little slow today, what can I get you?"
"A pink martini."
"Coming right up."
"Listen, I'm here because I'm kind of avoiding someone. He's my best friend, and I've kind of always had this crush on him, but I know he's only ever gonna see me as a friend. I thought if I got drunk I could get over him, but I guess I'm not drunk enough yet."
"Sounds like you need more than a martini. Want some shots?"
"Yeah. I'm gonna need them."
"You're totally my new best friend, Emma. You didn't leave me for some pussy while I was in the bathroom." I slur drunkenly before giggling and nearly falling out of my seat.
"Oh, darling you are drunk." Emma, the bartender, laughs.
"Yeah! I'm just gonna take a nap right here."
"How about we call someone for you?"
"No. He's busy. He wouldn't like that."
"Okay, doll." Emma laughs. Once I fall asleep she grabs my phone and calls Crís, my emergency contact number.
"Where the hell are you? I've been looking for you for hours!"
"Hello, this is the bartender at the bar on 5th she is here and passed out."
"I'm coming. I'll be there soon. Thank you."
"You're welcome." Emma replies, hanging up.
"Mia."
"No."
"We need to get you back to the hotel so you can sleep."
"I don't wanna go." I slur, stumbling as he helps me off the barstool.
"You need to come."
"NO!" I yell working my way out of his grip.
"Calm down, Mia."
"You fucking left me!"
"I was looking for you, you were gone for longer than usual. I asked a girl to go in and look for you, but you weren't there."
"No you weren't, you left me just like he did." I slur, tears pricking my eyes.
"No, baby." Crís says, wiping my tears. "I wanted to make sure you were okay. I have been looking for you for the past 2 hours."
"Take me back to the hotel. I don't feel like being out anymore." I reply, wrapping my arms around myself.
"Okay. Let's get out of here." Crís says, wrapping his jacket around my shoulders.
"Don't touch me." I murmur, shrugging his arms off.
"Mia."
"I don't want to be touched."
"Fine, can I at least hold your hand?"
"No."
"Let's go."
"I might throw up."
"Don't throw up on me."
"I'm gonna go throw up in the bathroom. Will you pay my tab?"
"No you aren't. We aren't separating again. I'll pay the tab and then we will go get some fresh air." Crís replies, pulling out his credit card and giving it to the bartender.
"Can't even pee by myself. Is this what it's like to be my dads age?" I mumble.
"You can pee alone when we get back to the hotel." Crís replies, guiding me out of the bar.
"If I vomit, I'm aiming for you."
"Whatever." Crís replies, getting me into a taxi. I lean against him.
"Thank you for coming to get me."
"You're welcome."
"I love you. You're my best friend."
"I love you too."
~~~~
I groan, burying my head in my pillow, my head throbbing behind my eyes.
"I thought you weren't gonna be up for another few hours considering how drunk you were last night."
"Oh god. Where are my clothes?" I groan, realizing I'm naked.
"In the bathroom. You threw up all over them, and me."
"Why didn't you put clothes on me?"
"I tried. You weren't having it. I finally gave up."
"I was like that as a baby too. I spent a lot of time in just a diaper."
"I remember. I've seen the photos from when we were little."
"And as I got older, I spent a lot of time in my underwear. Something I hate about clothes."
"I know that too, dork."
"Did I try to get you to have sex last night? Because I asked the bartender too."
"Oh yeah. You tried to get me and the bartender to have a threesome with you. It was hilarious." Crís laughs, his bare chest rippling as he does so.
"Well it would've been great. You, me, him."
"Hunny, the bartender was a chick." Crís laughs.
"No! Really? I remember the first one being a dude."
"Yep! You definitely tried to take her home. She had to shoot you down gently."
"And I went home with the one person I said I didn't want to go home with."
"Yup." Crís replies, popping the P. "There's always tonight."
"This is what I get for wanting to have drunk sex. I should've just let it go."
"Drunk sex isn't that fun. Sober sex is better. High sex is the best though."
"Crís, I don't know if you know this, but I haven't sex in a couple months. It's hard."
"That's depressing. Let's get you laid tonight." Cris replies, stretching in bed.
"I mean, I'm probably gonna end up coming home with you again, drunk off my ass, trying to pick up female bartenders."
"We will find you someone. You know you don't have to take them home right? Just have a quicky."
"She was cute! And my life doesn't revolve around quickies. I like the drawn out sex. Foreplay. The whole 9." I say sitting up and yawning. "I'm gonna take a shower. And no you can't come with me."
"True. That's the best kind." Crís replies, looking lost in thought. "No! I get to go first. I took care of you last night."
"Then go! I'll get my stuff ready. Leave my stuff on the counter alone. I need all of it."
"Fine." Crís replies, climbing out of bed in just some black boxer briefs, the bulge evident.
I lick my lips and turn toward my bag, pulling in some loose shorts and a sports bra.
"Done." Crís says, coming out in a towel, the water still dripping down his chiseled chest, disappearing beneath the towel. "Like what you see?"
"Yeah. An empty shower." I reply, brushing past him and into the bathroom.
"Those are my shorts! I want them back!" Crís says.
"Fine!" I laugh, taking them off and throwing them at him.
"Wow. I see how it is. I'm gonna go grab breakfast from the lobby, I'll bring you some juice."
"And a bagel please?" I ask, shedding my top.
"Anything for you. Now get your ass in that shower."
"Yes, sir." I laugh, climbing in.
"Juice and a bagel!" Crís says through the bathroom door.
"Be out in a sec." I reply, tossing on a tank top and some jogging shorts.
"Here." Crís says.
"Thanks." I reply, sipping the juice.
"Can you grab the remote before you sit down?" Crís asks.
"It's literally right there."
"And?"
"Fine." I laugh, grabbing it and plopping next to him.
"Your ass looks good in those shorts."
"You really are a hoe!"
"Eh, I can admire the female form." Crís smirks.
"Not that I mind, but you don't say those things to other girls. You only say them to me. Like when I had my ballet recital and you told me my boobs looked good in my leotard."
"I tell other girls the same shit. I just call it how I see it."
"I've never heard you flirt. It's always about sex."
"Well, maybe you should watch the master tonight. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two. Sex is always the endgame."
"We will see. But if I don't get sex sometime on break, I might just get drunk enough to marry an Elvis impersonator."
"Oh god. If you do that, we can't be friends anymore." Crís laughs. "I'll make sure you get laid. Just chill man."
"Why you hating on Elvis? And we are gonna be friends until we are gray and old. And we will probably plan on going to the same nursing home and then do stupid shit like walker races."
"Maybe." Crís laughs. "Anyways, I was thinking we could finish breakfast and then go to the casino for a bit. I wanna eat at that one place we went to last time we were here and then go clubbing."
"With the penny slot machine?"
"Fuck yeah."
"You're on your own today then. My ass will be firmly planted in that chair. You know how I am about penny slots."
"Fine, then no casino. I'm sitting there all fucking day with you. Plus if you wanna get laid you can't sit in the casino all day around all the old dudes unless that's what you are looking for." Crís laughs.
"No. But I can do with a sugar daddy. You know Erin is gonna cut me off as soon as I graduate. It's not even her money."
"I'll be your sugar daddy." Crís winks.
"Okay. But I'm kind of expensive." I laugh.
"This sugar daddy requires daily blowjobs though." Crís jokes.
"Yeah. And I require at least one glass of wine daily. Doesn't always happen."
"Oh, baby. It happens for me." Crís grins.
"Whatever, you whore."
"No, seriously. I get blowjobs daily. I have a couple girls I see."
"You got any guy friends I can fuck before I move and never talk to them again?"
"Yeah, I do. Alec wants to bang you."
"Alec? With the mustache?"
"No, Alec with the six pack and blue eyes."
"He is cute. I wouldn't mind keeping in touch with him. I heard his dick was big."
"I've seen it dude, not in a weird way, and it is. We all measured. I'm the biggest." Crís grins, proudly.
"I've seen yours too. We shared a room on vacation in Jamaica. We just don't talk about it. Like when you see my tits, we just don't talk about it."
"Oh yeah. Dude, I was drunk as fuck that night. It's not like we don't see each other naked all the time."
"At least every other day. And it's not like you're not pleased with how you look."
"Eh, can't help being sexy."
"Remember in high school when I got sent home because my collar bone was showing because of the shirt I was wearing?"
"Dress code is bullshit."
"I wore a different hoodie every day until I almost died of heat stroke. Then they let me wear what I wanted."
"Dude, do you remember that time our parents caught us playing 'doctor'?"
"Yeah."
"Do you remember the sex talk after?" Crís asks with a laugh.
"Which one? The first one or the second one?"
"The first one. When we got told how it was natural to wonder about the opposite sex's parts, because Erin walked in on you with your hand down my pants and my hand was up your shirt."
"Yeah. Stupid Erin did all the talking. Basically said sex was my responsibility, and I need to not wear certain kinds of clothes.."
"Erin's a dumbass."
"I will never understand what my dad sees in her."
"Who knows."
"Your parents was way better."
"Remember the condom shit? Dude, I was so embarrassed."
"That poor banana. That is not an accurate representation of a dick."
"Eh, it's close enough. Anyways, after that talk, my dad sat me down and we had a pleasing your lady talk. It was fucking humiliating. Your dad was there too. I also got threatened."
"Well, clearly those threats weren't serious. We were together again the next day. And besides, my dad likes you, he's never liked any other guy."
"Hey, I never touched you again." Crís laughs. "Although, you were the one who shoved your hands down my pants."
"I don't regret it. I learned all about dicks that day. Your mom taught me a lot."
"I felt up my first chick that day. And had my first handjob." Crís laughs.
"That's what friends are for right?" I wink at Crís. "I don't see what the big deal was. It's not like we weren't gonna sneak out anyway."
"True, but they didn't know that. You can always try the handjob again if you want more practice." Crís grins.
"Maybe someday." I smile back at Crís. "Remember when we used to joke that I was best at ditching security?"
"Yeah. You always got us in trouble." Crís laughs.
"Whatever. You loved the rush. And we really only got caught one time, but it's because you're so tall. Now let's go! The penny slots won't play themselves."