1. Eyes✔

Dedicated to MA and PAPA, I know you are unaware of me writing but whatever I begin and whatever I do, shall always begin with your blessings.
I love you both😊❤

Sampurnaa's pov:

Returning from USA after getting my postgraduate degree at Columbia, I had immediately set out job hunting.
Of all news channels in India, I had hoped to get on the team of India Today and I had got exactly what I had wanted all along.
Being back with family in your motherland brings so much peace!!!

Morning on the first day:
"Bonu, get up! You will be late to work!!! Be quick or do you want me to upturn a bucket full of water on you?" my Dada yelled in my years as he snatched my blanket away from me and jumped on my bed.
"Dada, you are married now! You should be with Adri boudi and not me!
Go away and let me sleep! You can romance with boudi instead!" I lazily muttered before rolling over and hugging my Teds.

" Baby, wake up now! Abhi, you were supposed to wake her up not fall asleep! Oth dujone!!! Ekhuni!!!"

I jumped hearing my mother scream.

" I am up!!!" I said and ran to the washroom to freshen up.
I could hear Dada being told off as I did my chores.

God, I did miss waking up to this!!!

...

At the breakfast table:

I entered the dining room dressed up in a shirt, formal trousers and blazer... Dressed like a reporter!😁

My father put aside the newspaper as I hugged him wishing good morning and then proceeded to greet ma, hug boudi and lightly hit Dada.

"What's for breakfast ma?" Dada asked.

" I have made chirer polao ( poha) for my princess. God knows what she survived on there in the States. She's become thin!" ma ranted.

Boudi, Baba and I giggled lightly as Dada rolled his eyes.

We started our breakfast and kept talking about random things when ma enquired about my love life. Baba sat up straight at this question while Dada looked murderous.

"I went to the States to study Ma, not to find some idiot there!" I reply a bit exasperated.

Adri boudi calmed me down by offering some water. She and Dada had a love marriage. College sweet hearts apparently. I had met her years back when they were 19 and in college but now 10 years later when she was my boudi, I knew my brother made the best choice! I was meeting her for the first time after marriage and she seemed to know everything about me already. Water calms me down when drunk, not thrown of course and that is not something everyone knew. I gently smiled at her and she returned it.

Ma again began her rant.
"Sampurnaa, you are 24... It is the perfect age for you... "

"I am not marrying now ma!" I cut her off and stormed up the stairs to my room.
Adri boudi and Dada followed me.
I tried explaining," I am fine. I just lost my...."

"... Cool." , they both completed with a glint in their eyes!

I was amused and was about to say something when Dada got an urgent phone call and left.

"Boudi, how do you know me this well? You could make out what I was going to say and if I needed calming."

I asked her as soon as we were alone.

"Ma, Baba and Abhi have told me a lot about you. Moreover Sampurnaa, your eyes are open books. They add to your beauty, they glow when you are excited and have a fire in them when you are angry. I have a twin brother whose eyes give him away too but yours seem more expressive and beautiful. It isn't very tough to figure out what you are feeling!"

Adri Boudi finished smiling.
I smiled back and after asking me to come down calm, fresh and ready for my first day at work, she left.

I went to wash my face and wiped my face and looked in the mirror through the same eyes that had supposedly given me away.
And then I walked down to begin the day and my journey as a journalist.
...

Glossary:
Dada: older brother
Bonu: younger sister
Boudi: sister in law
Oth : get up
Dujone: both of you
Baba: father
Ekhuni: right now

To be continued...

Author's note:

The chapters become longer as you progress. And since I was quite new to writing when this chapter was written, the writing style is even more immature. I promise I did evolve with Calming The Storm.