43. Try me

"I wouldn't if you threaten me.
I wouldn't if you blackmail.
And I would never if you force me.
I may consider if you request with respect and love.
And if it is a challenge; then try me!"

-Elegiac_Damsel
_____________
24th October
Sampurnaa's pov:

It took me 45 minutes to reach the studio in Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC).
Senior was there as were the police. They had been called in for security purpose of course. The team included me, Asifa, Peter and Vinay. They would take turns to observe the workers at the pharmacy and then inform us. I was asked to go in at the end for questioning if anything came out of it.

We proceeded to go towards Malabar Hill. It is one of the wealthiest areas in Mumbai. The students there have chauffeur driven cars of there own and have enough money on their hands to purchase drugs if they have to.
For some reason though, the wealthiest are generally the most troubled... Which obviously instigates the youngsters to resort to drugs. No one's life is a bed of flowers I guess.

...
The pharmacy was located near the seashore. There were many mansions nearby.
It is weird that a pharmacy located in such a developed area does not have CCTV surveillance cameras.
The mic had been attached to my shirt from inside so people can't become suspicious. The camera was attached to the thin gold chain I always wear, like a pendant.
....

The first three went in and observed the shop. I got updates from the visuals team about what was there inside.
Asifa went there and asked for sleeping pills. She was given what she had asked for without a prescription. Peter asked for the drug named Ecstasy. He was asked to meet the man at the counter at the seashore at 6.00 p.m.
We decided to get the man there with the drugs and then catch him red-handed. Vinay was asked to enquire about the stock of medicines at the pharmacy. He would pretend to be a businessman who was interested in buying the pharmacy. He would ask about other drugs in between. This would also help us know something about the owner of the place.

...

It has been 3 hours and two of them have already entered and checked with the man at the cash counter.
Peter had been sent to the seashore at 6 p.m. and handed over drugs. The man who had delivered it to him was not someone from the pharmacy. The police were following him along with a member from our team with a camera and mic. The man in question was heading towards Pune.

It is close to 8.45 now. It is Vinay's turn to enter now. I wished him luck through the bluetooth speaker and he entered.

I was overlooking everything that was happening inside with the help of my phone which sent a live recording from Vinay's camera.
45 minutes passed with him being involved in a conversation with the man at the counter. I could hear everything through the Bluetooth speaker. 

Vinay: "Is this pharmacy for sale?"
Man: "No. It isn't. What is it that you want?"

Vinay: "I wanted to buy a pharmacy. This one is located on a posh locality. I could have made more money here."

Man: (laughs at his deductions)  "There are so many more professions and businesses that you can invest in. Why the medicine business?"

Vinay: "Nowadays there are more and more discounts available on home appliances than on medicines. Moreover, there are so many hospitals, doctors and patients everywhere. I think that the medicine business is one that will never face debt or loss!"

The other man laughed.

The conversation stopped momentarily as another customer entered the shop.
It was a student, aged around 21 years. He walked up to the counter and asked the man at the counter about some 'special medicine' that he had ordered.
The man at the counter told him that it had not been delivered on time. He assured the young guy that it would be available the next day.
The boy lost his cool temperament. He started to scream at the poor man about how all his efforts were going to go in vain.
What really made me curious was the reason for his unruly and overhyped behaviour.
I spoke to Vinay through the bluetooth and asked him to intervene and ask the boy what he wanted.