49. Signatures

"I don't believe in matches made in heaven... But I do believe in perfect matches that come with imperfections."

-Elegiac_Damsel
___________

26th November
Sampurnaa's pov:

Sridha and Priyanka have just arrived home. It is 8 p.m. and I just returned from the studio after on field reporting and editing. I am supposed to be on leave from tomorrow till the 30th.
26th November marks the anniversary of the ghastly Mumbai terrorist attacks at eminent places like Hotel Taj, Trident and the Oberoi. Our team at India Today had spent the day preparing a tribute for all those who became martyrs.
I was hell tired as I had been assigned the job of going to the hotels in order to interview the staff who had been associated with the hotel back then in 2008. And to top that fatigue, Priyanka was sitting on my head with her teasing. Sridha was slightly more considerate... But really, those two are way too excited!

Maa was grateful that they were here to help me. Boudi has already gone to her parents' place as she wanted to attend the first two days from the groom's side and the last two days from our side. Dada has taken leave from work for my wedding. He is busy instructing the decorators who have come to decorate the house, the building and the society clubhouse for the marriage. All the rituals are going to take place at home, the building needs to be decorated because the world needs to know that someone is getting married and the marriage ceremony will be conducted in the clubhouse where they are going to set things up that resemble a wedding altar.

My room is right now, full of wrapped gifts and Baba is running about with last minute orders of gifts that have not been delivered. Maa has all the new sarees arranged in my cupboard and I have clear instructions to not touch them.

Priyanka and Sridha are discussing what sarees they will be wearing. Sigh! The ambience really screams 'you are going to be a bride soon!'.

I was seated silently looking at the crazy girls who I had literally accepted as sisters.

"Sampurnaa! Samp! I am wearing that pink saree for the wedding ceremony. Is that okay?" Priyanka asked me

I looked at what she was pointing at. It is a Kanjeevaram. She would definitely look amazing in that!
"Yes. 100%. I am sure your fiancé would love your appearance." I said winking at her

Her cheeks got a tiny tinge of pink.
We girls had a lot of fun... Actually they had a lot of fun teasing me; whereas I helplessly begged them to let me sleep.
The Aashirbad ceremony was at 12 p.m. in Bandra! We had to leave my 10 a.m. and obviously wake up much earlier.

They obliged at 1 a.m. and I gradually drifted off to sleep with those two sharing the room with me.

...

27th November

"Sampurnaa! Wake up! You wake up early everyday... Why did you have to choose today for waking up late! Get up! It is 8 a.m." I heard Maa scream into my ear as I sat up in bed rubbing my eyes.

I was pushed inside the washroom and I decided to shampoo my hair.
I spent 40 minutes pampering myself and then came out wearing shorts as I can't wear saree inside the washroom.
...

Maa was waiting with my saree and make up items. She helped me do everything quickly and I decided to apply only kohl and lip balm.
My hair was still damp, so I put it down.

Final look: