45. Got my back

Dedicated to Rhitam Das, my brother(cousin actually; but he is way closer to my heart than any blood sibling I can have) and vasusetia, my brother who I met at high school.
Wishing you both a very Happy Bhai dooj( Bhai-phota).
And wishing all the bro-sis duos like us the same.

"No matter what happens in my life later; my brother will always be my confidant, my first male friend and my hero. He'll always be the first man I loved after my Dad."

-Elegiac_Damsel

__________
29th October
Sampurnaa's pov:

It is Bhai-dooj today. A festival that celebrates the bond between a brother and a sister. I am going to celebrate with Dada after so long! More than 4 years! All this time when I was in the USA, I missed being with him.
Boudi is at her parents' place for Bhai Phota or Bhai Dooj. She will be returning tonight as she has work tomorrow.
Dada was pissed off anyways because Boudi wasn't there to help him and he became even more annoyed when I went to wake him up in the morning.

I tip toed inside his room. He was lying, sprawled on the bed and snoring. I went and took the water jug from the bedside and poured the water straight on his face, drop by drop.
He woke up with a start and I ran away just as he started realising what had happened.

"You monkey! Wait! Why did you do this?"
He screamed at me while chasing me.
I ran around in circles and he followed me, trying to catch me in vain. I laughed at his unsuccessful attempts and continued going about the living room in circles.
But that has its own drawbacks!
I started feeling dizzy in no time and eventually felt light headed and fell down.

Dada ran towards me, obliviating all his anger.
"You stupid girl! I wouldn't hit you anyways! Why would you do something like this? You would have got hurt!" he seethed and then helped me stand back.

I smiled at him and then apologised.
"Sorry for waking you up like that."

Unfortunately he got reminded of the actual reason of our Tom-Jerry chase and he caught my hair.
"Dada! Not my hair! Please." I whined.
He did not listen. Instead he threatened to cut my hair in a weird style...

"Pretty please, Dada." I finally told him playing my last card. He can't refuse my puppy dog eyes and babyish ways!

He sighed and released me.
Maa walked in at that moment and then said,
"Finally the house seems alive after so long on Bhai Dooj!"

I grinned but Dada's face became grim.
"In a few days, the house will feel dead again Maa! She will be gone!"

Maa's smile vanished from her face and I knew that there would be a big argument commencing soon between Maa and Baba-Dada. The two men just don't want me to leave them and go!

I racked my brains and voilà, an idea!

"Maa! You know Dada threatened to cut my hair in an unruly way! That too right before my marriage! Can you imagine how I would look?!" I complained naughtily.

Before Maa could say anything, one of the cushions from the sofa came and hit me on my head. I threw back another and then we began fighting.
Eventually Maa sent us both to get ready for the day and the situation was salvaged.

I showered and dressed up in a traditional dress.